Spiders - P0107

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dalton916

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
there is a grey nut that hold the engine electronics ground terminals to the rearmost stud on thermostat housing. it is supposed to be a bolt with a nut molded in midway which makes the top half a stud then wire terminals and a nut on top of that.

get a pic of the nut if you can to get more details on where it goes.

---------- Post added at 05:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 PM ----------

Never heard of this you got links to this info. You did put the oval orings on the fuel body right?

I got that one.

I looked when I finished since I had two left over and found the home for one, but not for the this last one....I thought I put my hands on everything that I took off and all was secured back in place. It may well be that one of the two components between 3/5 and 2/4 where there's two studs only has one nut holding it on. Driving me nuts, get it? nuts :gr_grin:

OP
OP
king_yukon

king_yukon

Reaction score
Yeah I used the oval gasket, and all the other gaskets were replaced with new ones. I know there is no leak. Its not an air or vacuum sound. If Im sitting in my truck it almost like a quiet fan noise near the dash. I remember reading about it which is why Im not worried about anything. I dont have a link to the thread I had read it in.
Eitherway I was just mentioning it incase others hear the same noise and dont know what it is or if it's common. Apparently it is?! Either way. lol

OP
OP
king_yukon

king_yukon

Reaction score
Perhaps! Eitherway she seems to be running good. At least it's not backfiring anymore Lol.

My99Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there is a grey nut that hold the engine electronics ground terminals to the rearmost stud on thermostat housing. it is supposed to be a bolt with a nut molded in midway which makes the top half a stud then wire terminals and a nut on top of that.

get a pic of the nut if you can to get more details on where it goes.

---------- Post added at 05:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 PM ----------

Never heard of this you got links to this info. You did put the oval orings on the fuel body right?

Hi SunlitComet,

Not to hijack this thread but my question is on point with your last reply. The ground wire that connects to the thermostat housing broke last time I changed the thermostat. The resulting wire was too short to reach the housing and I had to add some wire with a connector. The bear of the situation is finding a ring terminal large enough to fit over the 14MM stud (.55 inch so a 1/2 inch ring terminal doesn't do it.)

Am i correct in understanding that this ground wire is for the engine electronics?
Do I have to ground to the thermostat housing or since I had to add wire to the existing factory ground wire, can I run a longer wire to another grounding point?
Is this thermostat housing just a convenient ground location or does it need to have this ground wire attached?

Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjvieira

Latest posts