spark plugs change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I retired 15 years ago and don't have to commute everyday, thats why the mileage is low. I always had 2 jobs my entire working life and saved for that day when I could afford to retire, then I hurt my back and had to take an early retirement. There are just so many fish that need to be caught and so many miles that need to be driven on a harley. But I miss the flying in the USAFres and fire fighting in NOFD. Back to the subject of changing plugs. I'm worried that if I leave the orginal plugs in much longer they will be very hard to get out when I do try to change them. Did you guys who changed your plugs have any trouble??? And it did take me a long time to figure out these wonderful machines from hell.... curley

You were a New Orleans Firefighter? My dad is retired from the NOFD too.

OP
OP
curley02

curley02

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I started in 1972 and retired in 1998 on duty back injury. I miss the excitement and the guys I worked with. Katrina wiped me out so I left NOLA went to Lafayette for 4 1/2 years and moved to Austin last year. I miss the poor boys roast beef, oyster and the shrimp sandwiches. Don't miss the piss poor politicians and the wide spread crime. life goes on I guess. Tell your Dad an antique fireman said hello. curley.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I started in 1972 and retired in 1998 on duty back injury. I miss the excitement and the guys I worked with. Katrina wiped me out so I left NOLA went to Lafayette for 4 1/2 years and moved to Austin last year. I miss the poor boys roast beef, oyster and the shrimp sandwiches. Don't miss the piss poor politicians and the wide spread crime. life goes on I guess. Tell your Dad an antique fireman said hello. curley.

Shit, you might know him. He worked for the dept from around 80 it 81 till around 91 or 92. Everybody called him Columbo. I remember he worked at the station under the I-10 high rise, and the one on Florida Ave. Engine 8 I think it was. I remember his good buddy Billy Sanchez too. My dad retired because he hurt his back.while on duty. He fell 21 feet off a ladder while fighting a fire.

djtoothowd

Reaction score
i was scared mine where goin to be hard to get out as well with 150k+ miles on it and i was assuming the original plugs in it but they were no trouble at all to get out. hardest plug to remove was the right (passenger) side at the very back. be sure to check if you have iridium plugs which i beleive all of these body styles were equiped with from the factory.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greygranny