Souping up the Hoe.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
then semi easy, headers, make sure they are either 1 1/2" or 1 5/8, good exhaust, add a XR roller cam, you'll need new springs, and a tune. Can make it over 300 HP fairly easy.

Comp 214/224 with .503/.529 lift :D Nice little cam!

Last edited:

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
gas milage....get a prius. If anyone who drive a full size mentions gas milage you need to be rethink ytour vehicle. fan noise? I can barely hear my radio let alone my fans.

But yes, all those things also.

OP
OP
blackcoffee

blackcoffee

O.G. Black.
Reaction score
Love the response from this forum yall are like family haha. Ok now I've got plenty to work with. I'll keep yall posted. I've got threads all over the place now cause I decided to keep this truck over selling it and buying a new silverado so I've got alil' extra cash layin around.
Blueflame thanks for the info on the headers and cam. AtomicHoe and destroyer thanks for the info on the E-Fans. And Bowtiefreak for the continous help and humor.

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
haha thats what were here for :) help and some laughter to get your day through.

for electric fans- model 208 Flex-a-lite will work for your truck
model 19514 Perma cool will work for ya too
or you can make your own and such. those are pricey units tho

OP
OP
blackcoffee

blackcoffee

O.G. Black.
Reaction score
Blueflamed03 - On the Comp cams in the selection of my engine there are categories of different cams
Xtreme Energy™
XFI™ Xtreme Fuel Injection
Computer Controlled
Tri-Power Xtreme™
Magnum
Xtreme 4x4™
Nitrous HP™
Xtreme Marine™
Kits
Thumpr™

Which is the best to go with? I don't have any of the 3,000 Stalls and shit like that so what CAN I go with, with a stock engine. I wouldn't mind a noticeable idle that would be tight actually. I'm not interested in getting better mileage that's not what this truck is for. I want performance!!!

---------- Post added at 10:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

Well thankyou I appreciate it! Thanks AtomicHoe, I checked those units. Yeah they are quite pricey but now that I understand the E-Fan replaces the belt driven fan I know exactly what they do. I hate the belt driven fan everything about it ha. So I'll be sure to do that right after I get this Camshaft and some Headers, then I'll be moving on to a Cepek 6" lift then the BB tune. Excited! Now to come up with the cash ha.

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
haha good shit. You can make your own units and i believe "you" 96 and above can use the 05 tahoe electric OEM ones, but im not 100percent sure.. you have to get a harness from BlackBear as well.. but its up to you..

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
if the grind is close, call Comp but I'd think the XFI™ Xtreme Fuel Injection or Computer Controlled. As far as a stall, look at an inexpensive TB converter.

OP
OP
blackcoffee

blackcoffee

O.G. Black.
Reaction score
Looking for the right cam still. This is the whole kit is this what I should be investing in? Sounds right to me. http://www.compperformancegroupstor...Code=CC&Product_Code=K08-302-8&Category_Code=

---------- Post added at 03:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 PM ----------

Also, can someone just give me a link for A header. I can't figure out which one to get to many to chose from I just want one that will give me some power and that's decently made and from a reputuble company.

---------- Post added at 03:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 PM ----------

Here's a ****** Header I found thats emissions legal even though it doesn't really matter where I live. Would this add decent performance?

****** Header -

2084HKR Truck Force Emissions Compatible Header

98–00 Chevy/GMC 1500/2500/3500 Trucks, Blazer/Jimmy/Yukon/Suburban, 1–Ton Crew Cab, Tahoe 2–door: 305–350, EO pending, Tube Size 1.5" O.D., Collector Size OE, Port Shape: Same As Port, Black High Temp Paint.

---------- Post added at 03:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 PM ----------

And thennnnn theres these Gibson Stainless Steel Headers - Ceramic Coated

http://www.truckcustomizers.com/products/gibson-ceramic-coated-exhaust-headers.html

Which one to pick?

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is no need for shift kit once you get a bb tune! Saves u money there!

haks310

Got LEDs?
Reaction score
If you are doing headers and do not have to worry about emissions then long tubes is the route to go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mazer16