Sound Dampening

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

n5yzv

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I picked up a 2007 Tahoe a couple of years ago. Been adding stuff to it ever since. Lately, I've been focusing my attention to making it a quieter ride. Sure, I got a little oversized tires, but most of my issue is wind noise. I have already replaced all of the carpet/pad with new carpet and a much heavier pad.

So here is my plan:
1. replace all door gaskets, rear hatch gasket and the rear glass gasket. I already replaced the drivers side and noticed a nice difference.
2. pull the chevy hood liner and replace with Dynamat extreme & hoodliner.
3. door by door, add dynamat extreme.
4. drop the headliner and put in dynamat extreme.

Am I missing anything? Do you think I'll see a nice difference? I also figure this will help with any rattles or such.

I travel often from San Antonio to West Texas and the noise makes for a long drive. (10-16 hours in one day)

Thanks for your advice!!

Jmar73

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not an expert, but from the brief research I've done, dynamat or anything butyl aluminum backed is really snake oil for stopping road noise.

I would even say it looks bad ass having the interior of the skin lined with the stuff, however it's likely not doing as much as you think it is. Plus if your in a hot climate, I've read horror stories of the stuff melting.

It helps stop making more noise so to say. Subs vibrating sheet metal and making noise.

If your looking to spend some time and money lining the inside of your rig, look into mass loaded vinyl and closed cell foam.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645