SOS HELP hood will not close. hand lever will not retract. something stopping the cable from retract

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VikingTrad3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its -25C which is super cold. went to open hood to check fuse.

went to close hood and discovered hood will not close. the hood opening lever inside the car is not retracting as it should.

something binding the cable has stopped it from retracting.

it WAS harder to pull. im thinking i may have snapped it when opening the hood? would the hood have opened if i had snapped the cable.
the cold must have something to do with it.

any help?! family mover and wife needs to drive it in the morning with kiddies

here is a thread like mine from 2010 but no resolution was listed.

OP
OP
V

VikingTrad3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
fixed by running car heating cab and engine bay. squirting home brew *********** oil atf/acetone 50/50

cable must be binding.

hottyson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Old post, but here I am 7.5 years later and your post helped me get my hood closed on my PPV that I just purchased. I looked inside and the pull handle is pressing against the side and staying in the up position. I pushed it down and now my hood closes. THANKS VikingTrad3r!

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Old post, but here I am 7.5 years later and your post helped me get my hood closed on my PPV that I just purchased. I looked inside and the pull handle is pressing against the side and staying in the up position. I pushed it down and now my hood closes. THANKS VikingTrad3r!

You're thanking a person who hasn't been seen here in 4 years....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Richie255