Sooooooo, I bought a PPV ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
RichardCranium

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Big thanks to @Aj Mayo for the advice, I've just purchased everything I need for a full HID headlight conversion. I didn't like the mixed feedback of the LED's stuck in the stock projectors, and I really don't want to blind oncoming traffic.

Can't wait to get them installed.....

_20171123_194406.JPG

OP
OP
RichardCranium

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Current status of my aftermarket headlights. I took them back out and put my foggy OEM's back in, so I can retrofit them with some bi-xenon headlights from TheRetrofitSource.

Waiting on my shrouds before I start modding the headlight assembly, apparently they're on backorder but I didn't get notified by TRS. :mad:

20171204_201844.jpg

OP
OP
RichardCranium

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:elephant:

Dry fit, while modding the headlight for the projectors. I've actually got the headlights done, except I don't have the shrouds. They should be in Monday or Tuesday.

Might go ahead and throw these in to test alignment, get them ready for permanent install once I cook the lenses back on.

Pretty excited to be able to see at night....:driver:

20171209_112233.jpg

OP
OP
RichardCranium

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why the Bi-Xenon projectors?
I like the broad pattern from the HID, in both low and high beam. I am spoiled from the 10 years as a BMW tech, driving around Xenon cars all the time. If you have the chance to ever drive a BMW with Active Xenon headlights (of course at night), I highly recommend taking the offer. You'll never look at night time driving the same, literally.

drowssap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the broad pattern from the HID, in both low and high beam. I am spoiled from the 10 years as a BMW tech, driving around Xenon cars all the time. If you have the chance to ever drive a BMW with Active Xenon headlights (of course at night), I highly recommend taking the offer. You'll never look at night time driving the same, literally.

PREACH IT!! It's like we're in church!!

GranPrix

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I'm more of a Koito projector fan, the ones out of the S2000. Nice clear lens and a super sharp cut-off line. The Valeos out of the Audi A4s are nice to.

OP
OP
RichardCranium

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks to the mod who moved my thread back in the PPV section. :happy160:

Hope to have my HID's mounted without lenses tonight, after clearancing the core support for the ignitors. I had to go grab the next size blade to get a good notch cut out of the support, so I should have proper clearance pretty easily.

20171218_185440.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645