Sooooooo, I bought a PPV ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

minig0d

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is the DIC plug and play also? I definitely miss that feature, even better if its plug and play.

And those trim pieces left/right of the airbag and worm, but the rubber wheel itself has separated from the metal frame at the top of the wheel, I guess from some white knuckle driving my SHP. Sounds like I'll just order a loaded wheel and be set.

People are pretty proud of factory consoles, they are from $400-600 on eBay.....but I know I'll need to suck it up since I do want one.

I actually like the quiet/stealth of the factory system, at least for the moment. I am getting the front glass tinted 20% to match the rears, and the windshield done 40%. That will be done Sunday.

The bigger element of surprise from this questionable SHP vehicle while on the road will come when I get the train horns install. :) That might happen Saturday...

The DIC switch is plug and play. The harness is curled up behind the panel. Someone mentioned cutting a hole for the switch which is one option but I just found the DIC buttons with that whole brushed trim piece that runs across the dash for around $30 on eBay I think it was.

It's been a while so I forgot what model is equivalent and comes in the same brushed finish. It may be a Silverado part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

minig0d

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is the DIC plug and play also? I definitely miss that feature, even better if its plug and play.

And those trim pieces left/right of the airbag and worm, but the rubber wheel itself has separated from the metal frame at the top of the wheel, I guess from some white knuckle driving my SHP. Sounds like I'll just order a loaded wheel and be set.

People are pretty proud of factory consoles, they are from $400-600 on eBay.....but I know I'll need to suck it up since I do want one.

I actually like the quiet/stealth of the factory system, at least for the moment. I am getting the front glass tinted 20% to match the rears, and the windshield done 40%. That will be done Sunday.

The bigger element of surprise from this questionable SHP vehicle while on the road will come when I get the train horns install. :) That might happen Saturday...

Keep your eyes out on eBay (set an alert). I'm telling ya I've seen numerous go for $100'ish. I don't see any black ones right now but here's a tan one as an example. Also you can always call around to the local junk yards and in most cities there are people who shop those government auctions and resell a lot of police vehicle parts. Either are good route.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/181936855528

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anybody see the humor in talking about the DIC and the op's user name is richard cranium?????? Im lmao right now sorry, the kid in me takes over all the time....

Welcome darren nice truck bud.......lmfao

OP
OP
RichardCranium

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody see the humor in talking about the DIC and the op's user name is richard cranium?????? Im lmao right now sorry, the kid in me takes over all the time....

We all have the kid in us still to an extent. I told a co-worker I was looking for a DIC switch during lunch. He asked why I wanted to mount a DIC to my dashboard. Stupid 10yo humor, but it produced giggles for several minutes lol

2011SSVHOE

I'm an egual oportunity offender
Reaction score
Roger, is part 22947783 the steering wheel you ordered? I'm eyeballing those now.....

Richard I got mine used off of eBay, I just did a search for 2007-2014 Tahoe leather steering wheel, some were used and some were new. I'm cheap so I got the used one. I think Samuraj on this forum got him a new one. some of the used ones are a POS, look at the pictures real well.

2011SSVHOE

I'm an egual oportunity offender
Reaction score
We all have the kid in us still to an extent. I told a co-worker I was looking for a DIC switch during lunch. He asked why I wanted to mount a DIC to my dashboard. Stupid 10yo humor, but it produced giggles for several minutes lol

Hey don't feel bad I just turned 60 yesterday and told the supervisor that I had eye trouble, yep couldn't see coming to work. he signed my time off form. Oh yea I still don't know what I want to do when I grow up!!!

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score

Thought I was the only one! Lol, didn't want to say anything! Glad you did.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rgeurts