someone talk me out of it.......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jwindh1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
With the AC, I know it's a leak because I can put freon in it and it'll blow cold for a couple of days till it all leaks out. The signal....man I don't know about the dealership, they're going to charge an arm and a leg. You are right though...it's either fix it now or later.

A lot of people have had luck with cliplight super seal. For $30, it is definitely worth a try and I haven't seen a load of poor reviews.
http://www.amazon.com/Cliplight-Man...Repair/dp/B0002NYBC8/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

I suggest the dealer on the light issue because if they cannot remedy it, they usually will not charge you. That goes for around here anyway.

Last edited:

99Yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm very much still on the fence. So what happens when I sink $1300 into this thing and the transmission goes? I just don't know. It's not like I'm gonna sell it, it would just get put on the back burner for a few months if not longer. My question was more about do I get another suv or fix mine?

We all have this choice to make on all of our vehicles. It's a tough decision to make.

I know, I just went through that with my wife's vehicle HERE. In the end I bought her a used Trailblazer instead of fixing her old Jimmy.

I've been driving the new TB off and on for a week.
I'm trying to determine if I like it or not for myself and sell my Yukon then buy her another something.
I like the ride of the TB, it's very very comfy VS my Yukon which is starting to get serious skin cancer, etc. So I'm also thinking about upgrading vs paint/body job.

But in the end, I keep coming back to my Yukon. The ride is not so hot, but I really enjoy the overwhelming power of the V8 and that's it's a bigger vehicle.

I keep asking myself if I could compromise with an I6 or V6, but the answer is almost always no. I find towing is soo much easier. Passing is soo much easier.... Everyday driving is so much easier/nicer in my Yukon than the new TB.
I don't think that I could ever go back to a smaller v6 vehicle, domestic or import. Driving the wife's TB has made me apreciate my Yukon all over again.

I'll bet that inside of six months with your Xterra, you will feel the same way and be pinning for your Tahoe.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Sorry but I have to say do not use a leak sealer. just find it and repair it. Don't use band-aids on a/c systems. You will clog your system so bad just trying to get the clog fixed may cost you a lot more in parts. If you loose it in a day not even rubber and duct tape is gonna help.

tri94sbc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All I can say is the payments per month will be killer. If you have other everyday vehicles, take your time on the repairs and knock them off one at a time. I'm trying to restore my 94 one piece at a time and will never give up on her. She's an everyday workhorse and the money I put in her will pay off cause there is no high payment nor insurance. She'll be better than new cause I built it the way I wanted. New parts= new vehicle and it's your blood sweat and tears in there... On the turn signal, maybe start from scratch and rewire it. This is my first post here on this site.

Last edited:

crows feet

Reaction score
keep it

i have a 04 trailblazer my wifes d.d. cant wait to get it paid off so i can trade it to you for yours.... 95yukon 5.7 tb 4x4 285.000,no ac and its 105 today with heat index. been that way for amonth.roll windows down faster you go cooler it gets,just need a blower moter for mine,but i refuse to drill more holes to make a after market fit.tried 3 from bone yard all wrong. one screw hole lined up so,if you cant find plugs when you raise the hood dont buy it..still looking for mine on the t.b.had it 2 years............ all stock,did replace intake gasket to stop oil leak had for few years,new raditor.replaced both oil line from cooler now shes dry.if she craps a engine or tranny tomorrow cant complain,will never part with her,would love to find another think the 95 are one of best years unless you go backwards, had a91 z71 sild with 319... looked like a rust bucket all mich winters but run like a champ...pm is the life blood of a truck...take care of it will take care of you

Last edited:

ktmhans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im new here but her is my take on this. Last fall on my 1998 tahoe. I decided i was going to keep it. Had 223k. Put in a radiator, oil coller lines new 285 tires. Exaust. High flow cats. Plugs wires. Time. All was good threw the winter. Then 4 weeks ago it just wouldnt start. I tryied two or three things. I got it running but super rich. Im pretty sure it was the ijection spider but didnt have the heart throw another 400 at it. Needles to say i sold it for 1500.
I loved my tahoe and it really never gave me a days trouble for the serious beatings i gave it.
I bought a newer 2004 tahoe with 115k on it. so far the radio is broke, transmission slipps, front differencial is f@#%ed and it needs tires!.
$400 in parts seams cheap now.

OP
OP
blizz

blizz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just found this old thread. Well obviously I kept it. It pulls my boat and a camper, not at the same time of course lol. So the turn signal thing was the multi switch - fixed, u joint-fixed, the fuel pump was obviously replaced. All that's left is the ac, spider and some noise from the drivers side. Glad I kept it. It feels good when I get compliments on it and renews my love for this thing.

machojared

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Woooo! I've been reading through this thread, because I've been thinking the same thing about my rig. It's only got 91k on the odo, but there's a lot of things that need fixing. And as a soon-to-be college student, I don't have a lot of money to either fix this one or buy a newer car.

I personally refuse to make car payments, so that'd be a lot of saving up, and besides - I've gotta have a car now! So that money would already have to go toward the truck.

Blizz, I've gotta thank you for keeping me on the right track in terms of keeping the Hoe alive and well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rideredin602