Squeaking noise STILL driving me crazy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iboughtatahoe23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi. I posted a month ago about this really irritating high-pitched squeaking noise from the front left wheel. It’s been going on for about six months. I took it into the shop. They said they couldn’t find anything wrong with it and sent me on my way. Today it’s really bothering me. It seems to happen under 20 miles an hour and goes away when I go over I swear that something is dragging on the rotor because that rotor is hotter than all of the other ones. I know that I lick my finger all the other rotors and they didn’t sizzle, but the front sizzle as soon as I touched it.

I’ll leave a video below and I would really really appreciate what I should do. I don’t own a jack. I know they are cheap at Harbor freight but floor jacks are not cheap and you need that to lift up the vehicle in order to set it on the jackstands, correct?
Video of noise. Link take you to streamable.com

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi. I posted a month ago about this really irritating high-pitched squeaking noise from the front left wheel. It’s been going on for about six months. I took it into the shop. They said they couldn’t find anything wrong with it and sent me on my way. Today it’s really bothering me. It seems to happen under 20 miles an hour and goes away when I go over I swear that something is dragging on the rotor because that rotor is hotter than all of the other ones. I know that I lick my finger all the other rotors and they didn’t sizzle, but the front sizzle as soon as I touched it.

I’ll leave a video below and I would really really appreciate what I should do. I don’t own a jack. I know they are cheap at Harbor freight but floor jacks are not cheap and you need that to lift up the vehicle in order to set it on the jackstands, correct?
Only 2 places up there that will generate enough heat to sizzle spit: brake pad friction on the rotor, and failing wheel bearings. Given that your sizzle is when you touch the rotor and it's very unlikely that a failing wheel bearing would get the rotor that hot, I suspect you're looking at a sticking caliper.

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score

I got the same issue but mine is the guide for the brake pads I bent it by mistake and it rubs the rotor after driving a lil bit and then makes a consistent squealing noise

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Listened to video and could not hear a squeak noise. Based off of what you said, does sound like a stuck caliper piston or a brake hose breaking down on the inside.

OP
OP
iboughtatahoe23

iboughtatahoe23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Listened to video and could not hear a squeak noise. Based off of what you said, does sound like a stuck caliper piston or a brake hose breaking down on the inside.
Popped wheel off. Seems like rotor turns free for 9/10 of the rotation than it very slightly binds. I don’t hear the squeaking noise really. I hear something

https://streamable.com/lito1m

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicny