So what muffler you running?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cause it is hahaaha

When I met Phil his borla cat back was quieter at idle than my stock 5.3 with res delete. Revving sounds like fart though

Smokymance

Boosted
Reaction score
LOL a quiet by deadly one...i know what you are talking about!

OP
OP
Jonah52

Jonah52

Senor ******
Reaction score
I'm not sure if I'm gonna hack off the resonator. My plan is to pick my muffler (waiting on a response from spintech) and have it put in place of mine and then see how it sounds and if I want it louder hack off the res.

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Leave this here in case someone else want to know about baffled mufflers

FLO PRO Big Oval Baffled Mufflers

[yt]3I9pdDrPaLU[/yt]

bzubke1

Reaction score
I've got the magnaflow 11226 which is similar to the 12589 but smaller so in turn louder and its still a little too quiet for me. I have a couple buddies with single in dual out flow master 50 series and mine is quieter. Hopefully that helps as everyone and their mother around here seems to be running a 50 series flow master on their truck so it may not be too hard to find someone that's running that setup so you can hear in person. From doing research on the forums I read that somewhere someone thought the 11226 muffler was too loud and borderline obnoxious. Unfortunately it's tough to hear these in person on your exact motor before you pull the trigger. I'm looking into putting a black widow muffler on. It seems to be a fairly new company but I have yet to hear one on any application that I did not like. I also just like to be different. In my opinion a chambered muffler generally has a better idle sound whereas a straight through muffler will have a better sound under heavy throttle.

---------- Post added at 07:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 PM ----------

Also I took my resonator off before switching out the muffler and in my opinion it didn't make the exhaust any louder at least from what I could tell.

OP
OP
Jonah52

Jonah52

Senor ******
Reaction score
I like how the stock system idles it could be a little louder, but when you get on it the ballsyness of it goes away. I wanna hear when I get on it a little, and be able to cruise down the highway and just hear a little hum that it's there. Then punch it to pass someone and let it scream. It's just too quiet stock. Thinking intake and the spintech should be sufficient but not over the top.

shundal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sometimes you can come across a good deal on a used Corsa muffler on eBay or craigslist. They Offer and nice aggressive sound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coffeeguy