SLT (halogen) to Denali (HID) headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Prormk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm seriously wondering if an HID projector out of a Denali headlight will bolt right in to an SLT headlight where the halogen projector sits.

I've posted on HID Planet without much help

Would be interesting.

Dooba

Reaction score
Ask your dealer, mine told me the Denali has a different wiring harness.

Yukon John

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same advice I got...upgraded Headlights and Fog Lights to Race Sport LED's with a new Wiring Harness and CANBUS system. I am very pleased with the results.

Last edited:

Yukon John

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here you go...

dsc_0443-jpg.70394

dsc_0445-jpg.70396

dsc_0444-jpg.70395

head-and-fog-level-jpg.70404

4armo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What would be the difference in doing that (wiring harness/canbus) vs the plug n play LED bulbs out there? What wattage bulbs did you use?

OP
OP
Prormk

Prormk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love the light output of true HID bulbs. I'm just looking for a way to install an HID projector, so I can use true HID bulbs. Right now, I have H11 HID bulbs in a halogen projector. Better than awesome upgrade over the stock halogen joke, but not quite what I want. I like the bi-xenon projectors. I may just have to go aftermarket and retrofit a set-up.

4armo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That question was actually for YukonJohn. Wasn't sure what the benefit of a lighting harness is. Seems like the cost hassle factor between LED and hid overcomes the modest difference in light output. Fan cooled LED might even be a bit brighter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leno1364