SLC look here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dneel81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys (SLC in particular)

Need a diagram to attack my power door lock problems. Short of it is (no pun intended) when you hit the button on the door to unlock/lock the door, the interior lights come on. I think this started after my clutch bracket went in. Problem is I have no voltage drops across circuit during actuation so where is the short? Also the rear door lock switch on the rear passenger side pillar no longer works. Nothing's changed other than it stopped working. I've been doing axle work up front and in rear since that changed. The keyless entry does not work either.

Everything worked acceptably well after I ripped out the old alarm (without key fob). Only thing I've done since it worked correctly was put in the clutch bracket which comes close to all the wiring up by the driver side dash/steering column/emergency brake/hood latch hardware.

Is there a diagram available for the wiring? I'm going to be tackling gremlins this weekend (locks, lights, rear view mirror temp gauge doesn't work (compass does), wiring in amp #2...

Thanks !

OP
OP
Dneel81

Dneel81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't see or feel any wires behind the bracket. that was my first thought. I didn't tighten the bracket down until I was sure. The weird thing is that when the ignition is on or the truck is running, all the power lock switches work correctly. Even the back pillar switch next to the hatch works when the ignition is on. FML.

OP
OP
Dneel81

Dneel81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes sir. They don't do anything when you hit the button...except the interior lights come on for as long as you hold the switch down... :banghead:

OP
OP
Dneel81

Dneel81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to avoid throwing parts at a problem but I haven't resolved this issue yet. As long as the ignition is on, the keyless entry fob and the door locks work. If the ignition is off, the fob doesn't work. also with the ignition off, the door lock buttons just click and the interior lights come on. Seems like a faulty relay could be the issue...just gotta figure out which one.

OP
OP
Dneel81

Dneel81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So it was the keyless entry module. Got one from the junkyard, plugged it in, and **** works great. Hopefully this is helpful to someone in the future.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bl74

Latest posts