Skid plates? Mild offroading with Denali?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Artem-G

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all,

Any ideas where to get skid plates for the 2021 Denali? Do you think the ones from AT4/Tahoe Z71 would fit?

Looking at the rear of the truck, the suspension components seem to hang really low, quite a bit lower than the center of the wheel. Is it the same on AT4/Tahoe Z71? Do you think it would be a problem when going on mild off-road (uneven stony roads)?

IMG_1925.jpg

DFB787ED-6D57-4C7D-9474-8F32EEAAB543.jpeg

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are the holes for the skid plate bolts drilled into the frame like they were in the previous gens?

ebelp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have they even released the AT4 trim for the Yukon yet? I've been searching but can't find them....same with the RST Tahoe.

But to answer your question, i'm sure you're fine....the Z71 and AT4 front skid plates are built into the front bumper, so it's not something a non-Z71 or non-AT4 could use.

ktpinnacle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have they even released the AT4 trim for the Yukon yet? I've been searching but can't find them....same with the RST Tahoe.

But to answer your question, i'm sure you're fine....the Z71 and AT4 front skid plates are built into the front bumper, so it's not something a non-Z71 or non-AT4 could use.

I've seen some AT4s for sale on Cargurus. I think they started building them on 9/7. I'm considering between the Z71 and the AT4

ebelp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're right, i just checked cargurus and there are some on there, but none of them have photos. I assume they haven't been delivered yet.

tabraha

Supporting Member
Reaction score

I don't think the fascia is the same on the AT4 as the Denali and changes how the front skid ties into the lower valance. The rest of the skidplates would probably work. That front fascia that increases approach angle is also the reason the AT4 will not be offered with the baby DMAX as the cooling system won't fit in there with the raised approach angle on the AT4 nose.

As far as AT4 availability they are being built and should be arriving soon. The first 125 available for dealer/customer orders went in 2 weeks ago. Pretty sure GM was already starting the build process on popular specs just prior to that. My dealer got one on that 125 allotment so I was able to build it. Wasn't a whole lot too it honestly. I have a feeling I picked about what most everyone will be picking LOL.

Lastly, I don't know if you spec'd the air-ride or not but that may have some impact on skid fitment too. Haven't seen one in person to see how they are handling placement of components for that.

ETA: My order is "supposed" to arrive in October, but I have no idea how the mayfly paint debacle of 2020 is affecting that. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juniordaboi909