sirius sat radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

preshus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i got a ida-x100 alpine head unit and i have a

Alpine SIRIUS Connect Interface KCA-SC100 . . . the way i

understood was that the head unit was sat ready and what makes

since to me is only needing this adapter i have under the dash but

what found in my researching is that i also need something else in order

to have satilite radio to my head unit which is this

http://www.abt.com/product/32744/Si...opping&utm_medium=sc&utm_campaign=shoppingcom

dose this make since to anyone and dose anyone know if im wrong

and all i need is just the adapter i got

99 2dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had siriusxm in my truck for 6 years now and I love it. I have it running through a Sony head unit. You will need the satellite receiver, and alpine adapter to make it work. I recommend throwing away the RCA cables that come with the receiver and adapter; and upgrading to high quality cables. I had many problems with electrical interference until I Upgraded the RCA and Moved the receiver and adapter behind the glove box.

OP
OP
preshus

preshus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had siriusxm in my truck for 6 years now and I love it. I have it running through a Sony head unit. You will need the satellite receiver, and alpine adapter to make it work. I recommend throwing away the RCA cables that come with the receiver and adapter; and upgrading to high quality cables. I had many problems with electrical interference until I Upgraded the RCA and Moved the receiver and adapter behind the glove box.

alright thanks bro maybe il come across a reciever some time and get sirius . . . im

almost positive i don't have one but then again i don't understand why

someone would take a 50 dollar reciver but leave a 90 dollar adapter

---------- Post added at 02:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 PM ----------

i think i would rather just sell my adapter and buy a bluetooth adapter so i can

just stream music off my fone instead paying a bill to sirius that kinda makes

more since to me since i really don't listen to the radio anyways as much as

i even get ta drive my truck

---------- Post added at 02:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 PM ----------

I recommend throwing away the RCA cables that come with the receiver and adapter; and upgrading to high quality cables. I had many problems with electrical interference until I Upgraded the RCA and Moved the receiver and adapter behind the glove box.

also mine don't have rca cables its just a cable thats made for my

head unit and just a cable run from reciever to adapter and then adapter

to head unit

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
that sc-c1 is the actual tuner for the sat system what you do need is the alpine interface cable or module as the case may be that allows the tuner to plug into the head unit. Alpine can provide you with that info.

OP
OP
preshus

preshus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that sc-c1 is the actual tuner for the sat system what you do need is the alpine interface cable or module as the case may be that allows the tuner to plug into the head unit. Alpine can provide you with that info.

ya theres a cable that runs from that to my head unit but im missing

a cable for out put or input i forget which one i have pluged into my stereo
al ready so i figured i just needed that other thing to plug up to also

thanks il check it out some more

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700