Side molding removal? 2003 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pjtoy2

Banned
Reaction score
I am looking for a cleaner look on my Tahoe and it has like a molding on the front and rear doors. Does anybody know how to remove it and if I do remove it will there be any wholes or anything like that behind it?

Night Fury

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no holes. heat gun to heat up the adhesive, fishing line to slide it back there and separate molding from adhesive. after you get molding off purchase the 3M Adhesive Eraser Wheel. and that works magic and wash & wax after

Rossimon13

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What he said, I like the look of mine a lot more now that I have done this.

OP
OP
pjtoy2

pjtoy2

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks to all of you... I'm hopefully buying the eraser wheel tonight and getting the molding off asap.

Tahoebigdog03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I yanked mines of early this year thanks to you guys and it looks wonderful.

Mattjr79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got a quick question about the demolding/debadging...i have already taken my badges and miolding off and i used the eraser wheel, and some denatured alcohol to try and get rid of the "residue outline" but i havnt had any luck in removing it, i was able tot get the tape off just not this....any ideas?
i was gonna clay bar and wax it today but it started raining!!(of course!)

Thanks for any help!

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got a quick question about the demolding/debadging...i have already taken my badges and miolding off and i used the eraser wheel, and some denatured alcohol to try and get rid of the "residue outline" but i havnt had any luck in removing it, i was able tot get the tape off just not this....any ideas?
i was gonna clay bar and wax it today but it started raining!!(of course!)

Thanks for any help!

I don't think clay bar is going to remove the outline but it couldn't hurt and since you have it, do the whole truck. I think rubbing compound will get rid of it.