Show off your 2015+ leveled Tahoes and Yukons!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BK76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^^^This is exactly what I am trying to avoid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

come on.... who doesn't want there wheels to light up? LOL

I admit I wouldn't do this to my Tahoe, but to my truck in a heart beat...so to each there own. I still like the look. Especially the burban, minus the wheels lighting up unless its set up with the blinker?

mtocrs1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
come on.... who doesn't want there wheels to light up? LOL

I admit I wouldn't do this to my Tahoe, but to my truck in a heart beat...so to each there own. I still like the look. Especially the burban, minus the wheels lighting up unless its set up with the blinker?

I enjoy vehicle customization of any kind, this is just not something I want on my vehicles. My Yukon still needs to be fully functional for our purposes. I agree to each his own. We might just end up going with bigger tires on the factory 20's. My wife was wanting something a little more unique. We like our vehicles to be a little different from all the others. Make them our own so to speak.

JoshO

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone recalibrated their speedometer after going to larger tires? Hypertech has a speedometer calibrator but it appears that it technically counts as a tune as the truck has to be reprogrammed to stock before any service visits. Not sure I want to go down that road but it would be nice to know that my speedometer/odometer are accurate.

Glocksub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone recalibrated their speedometer after going to larger tires? Hypertech has a speedometer calibrator but it appears that it technically counts as a tune as the truck has to be reprogrammed to stock before any service visits. Not sure I want to go down that road but it would be nice to know that my speedometer/odometer are accurate.

I have done this on my current truck and the last GM truck I owned as well, with the Hypertech speedometer recalibrator you are talking about. I would highly recommend it. It's very simple to do and will have a noticeable impact on correcting shift timing/shift points after going up to a larger tire, in addition to getting the speedometer and odometer corrected. It's very easy to return it to stock if you need to take it in to the dealer. It will be extremely difficult for any potential warranty work to be denied based on the fact that you recalibrate the computer to read correctly for the tire size. Returning the settings to stock with the programmer is important to do before you take it to the dealer, for the simple fact that if they update something in your vehicle, it can and will write over/erase the Hypertech programming that is inside, and then your programmer is useless if you've not set everything back to stock beforehand.

I will be doing this at a minimum when I purchase a 2017 GM SUV, more likely though I will wait for Diablo or Hypertech to release their actual programmers so that I can also disable the AFM and modify shifting slightly, in addition to changing tire size.

DNance1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well here is my Dilemma. All the wheels I like are way to aggressive. The Bro Dozers have ruined the aftermarket wheel industry.
I like these wheels but I'm not sure they will work out. Only offered in 20x10 with a -24 offset. That would push the wheels out 2.5 inches from where the factory ones sit. Thoughts?
842a29aa3f8054ab54eab8d0e8417a17.jpg

You should be able to run the 20x10 wheels if you have at least a level kit. I'm running 20x10 -25 offset Hunter Offroad Wheels and 275/60/20. I had very minimal rubbing when at full lock in reverse on the rear side of the wheel wells. Easy fix as all I had to do was gently tap the fender back a bit and I mean just a tad with no cutting and can't tell any notice it was barely hit back with a hammer. I like the stance the 20x10 give to the vehicle.

DWTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1.5" upfront. Also added the tow hooks. I think the leveling is very subtle but makes a big difference to me for some reason. Now I'm just keeping an eye out for a little more aggressive tire.
IMG_0171_2.jpg

JoshO

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just a quick follow up to my previous posts here. Still loving my setup for starters!

I ended up ordering the Hypertech speedometer calibrator and it worked as it should to correct the speedometer. That said, it does not work with Adaptive Cruise Control. I reached out to Hypertech and they seemed to be aware that it's an issue but didn't seem to think there would ever be a fix for it so I ended up returning it because I use my ACC way too often to live without it. I figure since my new setup doesn't create a huge speedometer error until I'm at very high speed which is rare I'll just live with it. I use Waze and have a hardwired radar detector and laser jammers on the truck so I'd be surprised if the minor speedometer offset ever gets me in trouble.

AJP402

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Only running 285/70/17 BFG KO2 on mine but like how the Bilstein 5100 series added some height to my front end

View attachment 74582
Hello Jake Calvin,

Truck looks great!! I leveled my 2015 and am about to do tires and wheels. I decided on the XD832's, which are very similar looking to the wheels you have on here. Do you have anymore pics?? I am having doubts about the look of the deep lip and may change wheel choice. Please let me know - thank you - Andy P.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645