Should install vette servo or return it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The longer pin is only needed if the reverse input drum (the part the band engages) has been turned down. I personally find the pin useless simply because turning the RI drum down is a bad idea. It's cheap, if you're inside the trans just put a new RI drum in it.

Corvette servo helps on the 1-2 and 2-3 shifts only (and is a recommended part... install it!). For towing you should add the sonnax 4th servo. And with 100k+ miles, put a sonnax .490" boost valve in it... gives a little more pressure over stock and by this mileage the stock boost valve is worn and leaking. Meaning it isn't putting enough pressure on the regulator valve, giving you lower average line pressures.

The three things that predominantly kill a high mileage 4L60E are: worn boost valve (drops line pressure), cracked/leaking 1-2 and/or 3-4 accumulators (stock plastic pistons crack and drop line pressure), and a worn out PWM circuit for the torque converter (drops line pressure). The final result is almost always a blown direct clutch... meaning no 3rd or 4th gear.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is some great info, sure wish Jay was still on here, he was very knowledgeable when it came to our transmissions!!

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
its worth every penny, I did vette servo and sonnax od servo.
As well as a full 14 quart fluid flush, also used some shudder stop stuff.
My trans shifts perfectly, its consistent and predictable.

The 1 out of 50 ppl that have problems goes along with any part change on any vehical.

screamin86

Reaction score
i did it to my yukon xl at 80k and still taking a beating at 103k did bang the rev limiter one time when downshifting to 2nd at a 70mph punch when passing a semi. never done it sence but ive put 50k hard miles on this thing just wating for it to puke so i can put in a built 4l60e and stall lol. i stuck the vette servo in the 700r4 in my 92 z28 it has 254k on it and now barks second every time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts