Should I? :)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just spotted this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chev...temZ200621734417QQptZUSQ5fCarsQ5fTrucks#v4-44

Don't know anything about Impalas but I always loved this oddly shaped vehicle, and for some reason I love that color on it ... I used to own a couple of 60s muscle cars back in the early 90s (65 GTO conv., and a 69 429 Boss), and to me this is the last American four door true muscle car built (please don't bring up the Marauder). :)

Anyhoot, the miles are amazingly low, but since I'm not a gearhead I'm not sure about the quality of the mods he is listing in the sale, nor am I sure as to its actual value.

Not saying I'm gonna bid on it for sure, but I'm looking for some input from you guys.

Thanks.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do it!! :) you gotta learn to turn a wrench at some point, right?? :)

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd rock one... those are badass cars.

Im not sure of your financial status, but if dropping $20K+/- isn't going to put you in a pinch, do it. :)

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it worth $20k?

If I were to buy this car I would do it mostly for its collectible value ... the problem is that he's done modifications to it. As sound as they may be, I imagine not having the car completely factory takes away the benefit of its low mileage.

Mmm ... :hmm:

jd08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you should buy it and I will go pick it up and test it out for you for a while until you can come get it!!!!:Handshake:

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it worth $20k?

If I were to buy this car I would do it mostly for its collectible value ... the problem is that he's done modifications to it. As sound as they may be, I imagine not having the car completely factory takes away the benefit of its low mileage.

Mmm ... :hmm:

its hard to find one of these that was not modded. the thing that bothers me most about this specific car is the cam. That means they went into the internals. I do like that he put the ram air on there but left the stock airbox in its location so it can be put right back to stock. If he has the stock cam to put it entirely back to stock, then yeah, I'd say its for sure a collectible.

On another note, ever thought about finding an old 69 camaro and restoring it to OEM? I have a friend down here in South FL (mirandabuilt.com) that builds Pro Touring cars, restorations, etc... he did some SICK camaros that I know sold for over $100K.

06xl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That ss Is clean I imagine with the low miles most of the undercarriage rust came from living a FL.. If it won't hurt your pockets I say go for it bro.I've seen some with 50k going for 12-15k so basically 5-10yrs from now you can sell it for 20-25k or more depending on how much miles and loving care you give it

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On another note, ever thought about finding an old 69 camaro and restoring it to OEM? I have a friend down here in South FL (mirandabuilt.com) that builds Pro Touring cars, restorations, etc... he did some SICK camaros that I know sold for over $100K.

Mmm, I'm not a huge fan of Camaros ... I like the mid 60s GMs and the late 60s Mustangs. The late 60 GMs are a little too curvy for my taste (see Chevelle). Even though the 69 Camaro isn't curvy, if I were to pick up another 60s muscle car, I've always wanted a 65 Olds 4-4-2 ... but that's gonna be m0ar than $20k. :)

Anyhoot, I'm gonna pass on this Impala on account of the engine mods.

---------- Post added at 01:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 PM ----------

Btw, here are the ol' girls:

picture.php

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879