Should I trade my 16 Denali for a RST?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmgirl77

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I really wanted the RST (Performance Package when it came out). I stalked all the dealers and when it finally arrived the price was marked up so high they wanted my Suburban, my Camaro and well it was insane for me to pay so much at that time. I ended up with a 16 Yukon Denali with minimal mileage, 6.2 10 speed with 22" rims and, honestly except for this no start electrical gremlin I love it. Im in a situation where its a good time to trade and Im looking at the RST again, but now Im comparing it to all the Yukon has. It sounds stupid but do they not even have a heads up display on these 80k vehicles? Are they worth it?
Thanks for any feedback.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure on the RST trim...guess head over to Chevrolet.com and pull up the "Compare Trims" section and see what features are standard and available as options and make your call.

From my understanding, the RST is just a trim level w/ a small set of changes from the Z71 unless you add in the performance edition, and then you get:

• 6.2L V8
  • 20" High Gloss Black aggressive aluminum wheels
  • 20" all-season blackwall Firestone Firehawk Pursuit tires
  • Power-release second row bucket seats
  • High-Performance Suspension Package
  • Heavy-Duty front Brembo® brakes
  • Torch Red front and rear calipers
  • Cat-Back Performance Exhaust
  • Performance Air Intake System
  • Sport pedal cover kit
  • Black nameplates
  • Deletes luggage rack side rails
  • May require additional optional equipment
  • Luxury Package Content:
    • Driver Alert Package content
    • HD Surround Vision1
    • Rear Pedestrian Alert1
    • Memory settings for the power driver seat, outside mirrors and power tilt and telescoping steering column
    • Outside heated power-adjustable, power-folding and driver-side auto-dimming mirrors with integrated turn signal indicators
    • Power tilt and telescopic steering column
    • Heated steering wheel
    • Second row outboard heated seats
    • Second row power-release 60/40 split-folding bench seats
    • Third row power 60/40 split-folding bench seats
    • RST models also include Adaptive Cruise Control1 and Enhanced Automatic Emergency Braking
As for the HUD, on the Chevy's, you only get HUD standard on HighCountry and its in the Advanced Tech and Alert package on the Premier.

As for "should you trade," only you can decide.

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea used prices are up again right now, we really liked the RST but wanted the interior features so we got a premier with packages. U can’t get HUD and rear camera mirror with RST. Chevy I think messed that up, should be a premium package that gives that stuff for RST

OP
OP
gmgirl77

gmgirl77

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yea used prices are up again right now, we really liked the RST but wanted the interior features so we got a premier with packages. U can’t get HUD and rear camera mirror with RST. Chevy I think messed that up, should be a premium package that gives that stuff for RST
Thanks for replying. I guess because my 14 camaro has I assumed (my fault there) it would be some part of a 10k package. Probably sounds petty but its actually a nice feature.

OP
OP
gmgirl77

gmgirl77

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not sure on the RST trim...guess head over to Chevrolet.com and pull up the "Compare Trims" section and see what features are standard and available as options and make your call.

From my understanding, the RST is just a trim level w/ a small set of changes from the Z71 unless you add in the performance edition, and then you get:

• 6.2L V8
  • 20" High Gloss Black aggressive aluminum wheels
  • 20" all-season blackwall Firestone Firehawk Pursuit tires
  • Power-release second row bucket seats
  • High-Performance Suspension Package
  • Heavy-Duty front Brembo® brakes
  • Torch Red front and rear calipers
  • Cat-Back Performance Exhaust
  • Performance Air Intake System
  • Sport pedal cover kit
  • Black nameplates
  • Deletes luggage rack side rails
  • May require additional optional equipment
  • Luxury Package Content:
    • Driver Alert Package content
    • HD Surround Vision1
    • Rear Pedestrian Alert1
    • Memory settings for the power driver seat, outside mirrors and power tilt and telescoping steering column
    • Outside heated power-adjustable, power-folding and driver-side auto-dimming mirrors with integrated turn signal indicators
    • Power tilt and telescopic steering column
    • Heated steering wheel
    • Second row outboard heated seats
    • Second row power-release 60/40 split-folding bench seats
    • Third row power 60/40 split-folding bench seats
    • RST models also include Adaptive Cruise Control1 and Enhanced Automatic Emergency Braking
As for the HUD, on the Chevy's, you only get HUD standard on HighCountry and its in the Advanced Tech and Alert package on the Premier.

As for "should you trade," only you can decide.
Thanks, this was helpful. I like the Z71 alot too, whatever I get I can make it mine in the end.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So what year RST are you craving? I found a few that did not have hud when I was shopping, so I waited. I’m happy now though.

OP
OP
gmgirl77

gmgirl77

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So what year RST are you craving? I found a few that did not have hud when I was shopping, so I waited. I’m happy now though.
I have never bought anything new, but the price of the 23 vs the 22 isn't much different. I cant even find one to test-drive. I want the performance edition, they dont seem to exist for long out here on the east coast.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score

rswaug

Reaction score
If you're using your current Denali as the measuring stick, you'll be mostly satisfied with the RST. The only real differences are the heads up and ventilated seats. The RST will give you the new dash with the digital display, wireless Apple CarPlay or Android Auto, possibly the sliding center console and adaptive cruise control. In terms of refinement, you'll be extremely satisfied with the new style. The independent rear suspension and the 10 speed automatic feel way smoother. It's just a more solid feeling vehicle. I'm more of a new car junkie so I'd give up some equipment for something new 9 times out of 10.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz