Should I buy a '15 LTZ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really?? Lol, is that because all the repairs were covered under warranty?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No. Because their parts are cheap. Labor too.

Even considering audis, mercs etc generally have 50-60K bumper to bumper warranties they are expensive to own. Hell, oil changes on my wifes Mercedes cost between $500-$1000. Brakes are hundreds on gmc vs thousands (Audi/bmw/merc).

To be fair though, I rarely own vehicles much past their power-train warranties.

Last edited:

Burby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I remember being that age and trying to choose between a sportscar and and a new civic. I went with the civic. 3 years of payments, no co-signer and never missed a payment. I could have gotten more "fun" in the sportscar but I was going through the first of many rebuilding times of my life.

Funny, on the boating forums you see posts like this come up from time to time. "Buying first boat - is this a good one?" Usually from kids making bank working in gas and oil.

2010WhiteHoe

Reaction score
Exactly. The kid wants a Suburban - not a car and a truck, he can obviously afford it (but I'd go a year newer and shoot for 20k miles or less for sure). And since when is a 2-3 yr old Burb a "big headache"?
The young man asked for opinions, if he wanted all opinions like his he would not have posted. Lighten up guys, we've all had different experiences in life. That's what wrong with the world today. People think if you don't think like them you are wrong. Not true. Only a sith thinks in absolutes.

leaf

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
When I got my first job which paid 35k a year, I bought a 4K used car. I junked that car in 1 year. It was fun time.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I got my first job which paid 35k a year, I bought a 4K used car. I junked that car in 1 year. It was fun time.

Being young and poor is fun too. I remember those days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2010WhiteHoe

Reaction score
The young man asked for opinions, if he wanted all opinions like his he would not have posted. Lighten up guys, we've all had different experiences in life. That's what wrong with the world today. People think if you don't think like them you are wrong. Not true. Only a sith thinks in absolutes.
A sith lord (star wars reference) only thinks in absolutes. Absolute thinking is dangerous.

The problem with absolute thinking is that it causes pain and suffering in the life of the person who adheres to an all-or-nothing attitude in any facet of his thought process. This is because the person is routinely exposed to contradictions to his beliefs, which creates a sense of threat to his world view.

referencing
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blo...our-teen/201109/the-problem-absolute-thinking

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A sith lord (star wars reference) only thinks in absolutes. Absolute thinking is dangerous.

The problem with absolute thinking is that it causes pain and suffering in the life of the person who adheres to an all-or-nothing attitude in any facet of his thought process. This is because the person is routinely exposed to contradictions to his beliefs, which creates a sense of threat to his world view.

referencing
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blo...our-teen/201109/the-problem-absolute-thinking

Agreed. Youth is indeed, not ‘everything’.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz