Should I buy a '15 LTZ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2010WhiteHoe

Reaction score
Hey, I'm 19 and I've been wanting a Suburban since I was 10 years old. Doesn't help my parents have always had one. I have a good job making $6K a month at the port, and an extra $2K with my detailing business.

I've found one that's fully loaded for $38,999 with 64K miles and another with $42K with 55K miles And the color I want and the wheels I want.

My mom said she'd cosign with me so I would get a good rate and I'll also be on her insurance still.

Should I do it? Most tell me no.. But this car means a lot to me and its been my dream forever.

View attachment 191471 View attachment 191472
Please let us know how it works out. Good luck!

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mr. WhiteHoe is giving his 2 cents.

Age had everything to do with everything. You ever wonder what an 18 year old insurance is double of a 30 year old, What about legal drinking ages ever wonder? I got more examples if you need it.

The guy wants to know if he should get the tahoe. His income is solid, has no college debt and owns his home outright.

So if you have an example that is relevant to the discussion at hand, please provide it. Drinking ages and insurance are irrelevant.

JayceeP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maintenance might be cheap but these GM’s seem to depreciate quite a bit. A new Suburban LT is a good $20,000 CDN more than a 4Runner Limited but will be worth about the same or less after 5 years. Even if you buy one used, I think you’re still looking at a linear depreciation ‘curve’.... based on what I see in some of the Canadian markets anyway. I’m using a 4Runner as an example because I drive one (no I’m not promoting).

Anyway I don’t see what the point of this thread is. If your parents pay for everything else just get them to pay for this vehicle too, lol. Like what do you want to hear? Everyone knows it’s almost always a stupid financial decision to buy expensive vehicles. The question is, how well off do you want to be in 10 or 20 years? Maybe think about some of the advantages you have right now and... well... take advantage of them.

Last edited:

15YUKON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well he’s been blessed with good parents..... I didn’t buy my first vehicle till my late 20s. Having a house and land given to you along with your education.... be thankful. Lots of folks still buying ten year old trucks in their later years, but heck a lot of them just dont see reason in buying expensive vehicles. Wish my parents could have given me hundreds of thousands of dollars in value to start out life. Heck wish I could have done that for my kids, but then again everything they have they earn and that makes it more valuable than anything. Good to see the kid has a work ethic though,

Last edited:

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wish my parents could have given me hundreds of thousands of dollars in value to start out life.

Dunno about that. Living in crappy apartments, clawing, scraping, driving junkers in my teen years, choosing between gas and food (or beer lol) in college does something for you that a free house cant. I'm not saying I wouldn't have taken a house (obviously) but looking back I wouldnt change a thing.

But yes, agreed, good parents make all the difference.

OP
OP
T

Tugglespa

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Right now I driv an 06 impala police package. I do understand it’s not the best financial decision which is why I didn’t want to spend a lot. But now I’ve been looking at 16s Yukon and Burb. I’m thinking Yukon because of the 6.2. But I’m in love with the mahogany interior some suburbans have.

leaf

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Life is all about choices... don't regret the lost opportunities and you will do just fine.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would NEVER buy a car that cost 1/2 of my annual income but that would likely change if my parents bought me a house lol.

Totally agree. I've owned toyotas, audis, infinitis, subarus, mercedes, VW's and crappy old oldsmobiles...The GMC/CHEVY is by far the least expensive to maintain by a mile.

Really?? Lol, is that because all the repairs were covered under warranty?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA