Should I buy a '15 LTZ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Burby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe its already been asked - what are you driving now?

leaf

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I would not buy such a car at the age of 19. I was driving a Camry for 15 years, had 2 kids with it, and saved money for the first house. Only last year upgraded to 8 seat SUV. That's because of the in-laws going on long trips with us.

As some has said, save the money and find a smaller fun ride.

Protect1989

Reaction score
How long are you planning on keeping the vehicle? If you plan on having it for a bit of time then I would recommend buying new. Youll get the peace of mind knowing that it doesnt have a rough driving history plus youll be able to extensively test it at the dealership.

If you only plan on keeping it a few years than the used route youre considering would work best. Let someone else eat the initial depreciation.

I still say get it (used or new). Youre making a great amount of money with minimal overhead. You can be putting 2k-4k/month away in a savings account and STILL be able to afford this vehicle.

Rich16LTZ

Reaction score
If you want a Suburban, get a Suburban. BUT, I'd look for a 16 over the 15. You'll find it's better optioned than a 15 and you should be able to find a lower mileage one. A 15 with 64K miles is far too many.

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would not buy such a car at the age of 19. I was driving a Camry for 15 years, had 2 kids with it, and saved money for the first house. Only last year upgraded to 8 seat SUV. That's because of the in-laws going on long trips with us.

As some has said, save the money and find a smaller fun ride.
That sounds fantastic for you but OPs situation is different. He has the dough to blow honestly. Can’t take it with you to the grave. The opinion that young people shouldn’t have nice stuff was always absurd to me. He certainly has the coin and circumstances to back it up.

leaf

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What you want is not exactly what you need. To be honest, having kids is the worst financial decision as they are a money pit without ends. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2010WhiteHoe

Reaction score
I guess I'm Debbie downer! You are 19 years old. If you get your dream car now, what will you get when you turn 21, 25, 30, 40?

These trucks are very expensive to maintain. You are making some good money! Do what you want, but a single man with no family you could by a cash car (Honda, Nissan) and a pickup truck (Ford, Nissan) 2 Paid off vehicles instead of 1 big headache so early in life.

Okay i'm done.

Mr. WhiteHoe.

p.s. What kind of house do you have?

2016YUKONSLT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are 19 years old, and you make $8,000/month?
Gross or Net?
Do you live at home?

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess I'm Debbie downer! You are 19 years old. If you get your dream car now, what will you get when you turn 21, 25, 30, 40?

These trucks are very expensive to maintain. You are making some good money! Do what you want, but a single man with no family you could by a cash car (Honda, Nissan) and a pickup truck (Ford, Nissan) 2 Paid off vehicles instead of 1 big headache so early in life.

Okay i'm done.

Mr. WhiteHoe.

p.s. What kind of house do you have?
You don’t always have to buy a nicer vehicle each time you do.

These vehicles are extremely cheap to own. Amongst the cheapest I’ve ever had.

Buying something used with cash is going to turn out to be a money pit. And the advice to own two cheap vehicles, that sounds like a maintanance nightmare. But I lean a different way, something new and reliable that isn’t going to require a butt ton of work and money all of the time sounds better to me. A car payment isn’t that big of a deal. Certainly not when you’re pulling $8k or not.

Some of you are so dramatic on here.

$6-8k/month and a $40k car isn’t going to break the bank. NOT EVEN CLOSE! Even if he had to go out and buy a $250k house tomorrow, this $40k suburban wouldn’t affect his budget terribly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts