Should I buy a '15 LTZ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tugglespa

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey, I'm 19 and I've been wanting a Suburban since I was 10 years old. Doesn't help my parents have always had one. I have a good job making $6K a month at the port, and an extra $2K with my detailing business.

I've found one that's fully loaded for $38,999 with 64K miles and another with $42K with 55K miles And the color I want and the wheels I want.

My mom said she'd cosign with me so I would get a good rate and I'll also be on her insurance still.

Should I do it? Most tell me no.. But this car means a lot to me and its been my dream forever.

377BBBD9-BD0F-446F-9CEA-6557DDA9D81A.jpeg 259BEA36-C20D-4A16-8479-788979850BA0.png

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Make sure you test drive them thoroughly before buying to make sure they don't have vibration/buffeting issues

Pay a little extra for the second one that is exactly the way you want it or you will be kicking yourself later on.

I agree with all this..For 19 you are doing really awesome!!!!

Welcome from Miami Beach Patrick!!

Vector

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, I'm 19 and I've been wanting a Suburban since I was 10 years old. Doesn't help my parents have always had one. I have a good job making $6K a month at the port, and an extra $2K with my detailing business.

I've found one that's fully loaded for $38,999 with 64K miles and another with $42K with 55K miles And the color I want and the wheels I want.

My mom said she'd cosign with me so I would get a good rate and I'll also be on her insurance still.

Should I do it? Most tell me no.. But this car means a lot to me and its been my dream forever.

View attachment 191471 View attachment 191472

Hi Patrick and welcome to the forum and future Suburban ownership.

The following is coming from a multiple Suburban owner over the years and who also likes the latest generation. However, based on my pricing knowledge (having just been in the market for one until I picked up a 2015 Escalade ESV), those prices are high for the miles.
One of the most important things younger men like yourself must be willing to do, is delayed gratification. It is hard because when you want something, you sometimes do not want to wait for the best deal and buy at the wrong price point.
I've seen many a LTZ being sold privately with less miles and going for lower pricing.

Actually let me take a step back for a minute. Though I like the styling of the Suburban, I wonder if you have in the high 30's low 40's as your budget, have you considered a 2015 Yukon Denali XL or even a Escalade ESV?
I ask for several reasons, as they are all very similar, other than cosmetics. Also because I went from looking to buy a Suburban to only considering a Denali XL or Escalade ESV because they offer features the fully loaded 15 LTZ did not. That being the 6.2 420hp engine, 8 speed transmission and magnetic ride control suspension. Those features (other than a rare LTZ with the mag ride option) were more important to me than the cosmetic preference of the Suburban. I go on long trips and do a decent amount of towing, thus my desire for those features. I am not an Escalade type of guy (i.e. bling/prestige), but now I am in a 2015 ESV and only paid $42k for a one owner ESV in great shape. So just keep that in mind since you are within reach price wise of a 2015 Denali XL/Escalade ESV.

Getting back to the Sub pricing, if you are patient, you could score one at thousands less, and use the savings to customize it with rims and the like. Also keep in mind that many a 2015 are coming off lease, so there will be plenty of low mileage one owner choices, thus prices will come down.

Good luck and let us help you with any questions you may have.

`

Last edited:

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a 2010 Z71 Tahoe when I was 18. A suburban seems a little odd for someone so young. I’m 25 with my Premier burb and I still feel pretty weird. Why not an SRT Jeep or something more fun?

The ones you’ve found seem slightly high priced for the mileage. I also wouldn’t really want a 2015... at all. Between poor throttle response, virbration/buffeting issues and stiff suspensions on the MRC, no thanks. Choose a different vehicle altogether or get a newer one. If you’re really making $8k/mo, you’re able to get something more expensive.

If I were pulling that money at that age, RRS all of the way for me haha $8k/mo and probably no obligations... gah I miss the old days. (A mere 6 years ago lmao)

I say short Denali, 2016 at least.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
revrae

Latest posts