Short block purchase

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you guys have convinced me to look onward. Should I start a new advise post or put it in this one? Basically knowing I have a non deleted 11 LC9 with 184ish k miles and a repeated number 8 misfire that comes and goes after plug replacement what are my next steps. Buy a stock 6.0 for a little more power, get another 5.3 and rebuild it?
I would find out why #8 is misfiring. Proper diagnostics will reveal that. I doubt you need a whole new motor.

donjetman

Full Access Member
Reaction score

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you're not around Saginaw are you? there a guy a few threads up that's probably about to sell off a hybrid with a aluminum 6.0 in it that most likely has very little wrong with it but a broken exhaust manifold bolt and a oil pressure sensor. for less then your guy wanted for a 5.3 with a cam.
these forums are rough to read sometimes.

OP
OP
flynn78us

flynn78us

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
you're not around Saginaw are you? there a guy a few threads up that's probably about to sell off a hybrid with a aluminum 6.0 in it that most likely has very little wrong with it but a broken exhaust manifold bolt and a oil pressure sensor. for less then your guy wanted for a 5.3 with a cam.
these forums are rough to read sometimes.
I’m close enough if the deal is right

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m close enough if the deal is right

he posted he's selling it, or donating it.

probably best to pm him. you can probably sell the tranny as they don't repair them anymore and the hybrid battery is fresh. I'd say it would sell quickly too, just to hard to ship a 100lb battery. so that is only if you find someone that needs it.

if I was local, I'd buy it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grooter8824

Latest posts