Shock relocator differences?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah it does look like a difference

OP
OP
E

emilime75

Reaction score
Yeah, that's what I thought. I wonder if that's the reason why you see random 2/3 drops and some look lower than others.

I'm also wondering if I can get a little more drop with the DJMs, while keeping my Autoride/self leveling shocks.

Last edited:

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
the djms will extend it down farther and they are also different due to working with their traliing arm relocators.

You cant use belltech extenders with djm rear relocators

Monkeyemano

Reaction score
Is one actually lower then the other once installed and if so how much of a difference. And are they still going to work with factory auto level? I ask because eventually I will be installing one of these on my 07 avalanche with auto level..

Last edited:
OP
OP
E

emilime75

Reaction score
the djms will extend it down farther and they are also different due to working with their traliing arm relocators.

You cant use belltech extenders with djm rear relocators

Not sure what you mean by this, maybe it's just verbage. I'm looking to replace my Belltech shock relocators for the DJM. Are you telling me this cannot be done?

And by extenders...is this something different than a shock relocator, or just a different term for it?

---------- Post added at 07:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 PM ----------

Is one actually lower then the other once installed and if so how much of a difference. And are they still going to work with factory auto level? I ask because eventually I will be installing one of these on my 07 avalanche with auto level..

From the pictures, it looks like the DJM is about 1" lower than the Belltech. No reason why it shouldn't work with Autoride, unless you go lower than about 3-4".

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
i was talking about trailing arm relocators. They can only be used wiht djm exteners.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had the Belltechs installed with DJM endlinks; no problem. I don't have DJM trailing arm relocators. Norcal had sent me the DJM's as a mixup and I noticed the difference so I installed the DJM relocators hoping to go lower. With my Autoride, it made no height difference because the final height is determined by how high the compressor pumps the shocks up and that is determined by the ride height sensor links. I found out (as Norcal also confirmed) those can only be shortened to 2" c-c or they come apart when the suspension is hanging. Luckily, that's as low as I need to go. I'm level. There might be a height difference for non-autoride rigs though. Shock extenders/relocators are the same thing.

Attachments

• IMG_4323.jpg
    IMG_4323.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 10
OP
OP
E

emilime75

Reaction score
Just a quick update... I did end up getting a hold of some used DJM shock relocators, trailing arm brackets and end links from a forum member here. Haven't put them on yet as I'm still gathering parts for the rear and only want to take everything apart once.

Will update when I do if anyone cares.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jezze77