Shaving Roof Rack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ninety5PoloZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I should get my Hoe back from the alignment shop tuesday or wednesday and then I'm going to yank off the roof rack.

My question is does anyone know the bolt specs off the top of their head? I know I will need 12 of them (6 per side) and I'm going to get some pan head allen bolt and paint them black to match. That should hold me off until I repaint the truck later this summer is money allows it, then I will weld up the holes and grind them smooth.

Thanks in advance

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is shaved...forgot...but I unbolted it and then capped where the bolts were. I used crappy glue so soem came off but I need to get new caps!

clean454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i wanted to take my rack off to give the hoe a clean look and then the rack got ripped off, my buddy used the hoe for a camping trip and he had some stuff on the roof and it caught a low haning tree and ripped out the front screw zerts ill post a pit but it looks like shit!

OP
OP
Ninety5PoloZ

Ninety5PoloZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mines off now, I just have to get some screws, Ace was closed on saturday for the 4th but I'm going to get some tomorrow and then pull all of the plastic strips off the top tomorrow too

Whippled2dr

Stock
Reaction score
I've recently removed my rack and was wondering whats the best way to remove the inserts in the roof. Can I get to them if I remove the headliner. I'll go out this afternoon and check it out.

The holes will be welded up and shaved.

Also has anyone relocated their third brake light to the inside of the panel glass window?

OP
OP
Ninety5PoloZ

Ninety5PoloZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've recently removed my rack and was wondering whats the best way to remove the inserts in the roof. Can I get to them if I remove the headliner. I'll go out this afternoon and check it out.

The holes will be welded up and shaved.

Also has anyone relocated their third brake light to the inside of the panel glass window?

I just put some button head allen bolts in it for now, but I plan on removing the inserts and welding the holes shut when I paint my truck.

I'd also like to know about the 3rd brake light, it looks kinda funny hanging up their by itself LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LowCountryTim