Shaking Mirror Glass

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RGA1215

Reaction score
Hello everybody! I have a 2001 Tahoe LT and I have noticed over the past months my driver side mirror glass is starting to shake when I am driving. Just the glass shakes though. It IS an auto dimming and heated mirror. I have also noticed with the shaking, if I press on the mirror glass with my hand, I can very easily move it around, and whenever I go to a car wash, the brushes will move my mirror all around and I have to readjust it. The power controls still work too. I looked behind the mirror and it still has all the little tabs that hold the mirror in place onto the motor or whatever. I am very curious as to what is causing the problem, and I would love to get it fixed, as it's become very annoying. Any help would be appreciated!

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its a really big f'in spring inside the housing that starts to loosen up... in short order the entire mirror will start flopping around. I took mine completely apart, used a hacksaw blade to deepen the stop, pushed the spring down and reclip the retainer.... you don't want to do it, get yourself a replacement mirror... it lasted about 6 mths and i then i did it again but it never gets completely wiggle free...:2cents:

OP
OP
RGA1215

RGA1215

Reaction score
Thanks for the help! I was hoping to not have to get a whole new mirror. On city streets it's not that horrible, but on highway and windy days it's really noticeable. I don't really do all that much highway driving, and I don't really feel like messing with replacing the whole thing and spending the money to do so. Oh well... :blah:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake 2015 GMC Yuk