SES light on/ Remote start not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DwDrummer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried to remote start my truck a few weeks ago and it started up normally but then died. I tried to remote start it several more times with no luck. The parking lights would light up but it would not start. After I got in the truck and crank it up with the key I noticed the service engine soon light was on. Anybody ever had this happen to their truck? Mine is a 08 with 7x,*** miles. Any ideas?:D

Truck runs good and starts every time.

Thanks,
DW

Last edited:

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Remote start will not engage with the SES light on. I'm assuming it's a safety feature of some sort in case there's actually something seriously wrong with your vehicle. I'd get the code scanned and go from there. Most likely something minor that needs fixing.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Remote start will not engage with the SES light on. I'm assuming it's a safety feature of some sort in case there's actually something seriously wrong with your vehicle. I'd get the code scanned and go from there. Most likely something minor that needs fixing.

x2

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:win:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member