Servo Stuff

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ferr1s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys, Im about to order the corvette servo for an '04 Tahoe to be replaced when I have the tranny flushed & filled w/ Amsoil and a new filter. Has anyone around here used the 4th gear servo along with the corvette servo? My understanding is that the corvette servo firms up 1-3 gears, obviously 4th for just 4th gear. Why did you get the 4th gear servo? The price for it is around $100 just for the 4th gear and $16 for the Corvette Servo from Oregon Performance. Big difference! Is it worth it? I guess 'm considering it since I kick down a gear at high way cruising on the slightest incline ( & by highway cruising it's like 80-85mph in a 4.8, rear wheel drive, no mod...yet) It just seems to drop to 3rd at the slightest pedal pressure or incline. Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated!

Ferris

PS - I'm preparing for a CAI, Borla Exhaust, & BB tune in the next month or 2.

Anthony

2004 Tahoe LT (MA)
Reaction score
Just get One servo for 1-3 you dont need 4.

Get a eBay CAI for $70ish and works same as $400 K&N
I have a corsa exhaust and its the best, look for deals on them locally if you can.
BB tune is money well spent and I plan on one soon.

OP
OP
ferr1s

ferr1s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hmmm...

Thanks for your thoughts on the matter. It would appear that no one looking on the forum has even used the 4th gear servo. The persistent down shifting I'm experiencing seems like it could be resolved by this servo. But, I haven't been able to get an answer from anyone because no one appears to be familiar with either the servo or the downshifting on slight inclines or the lightest pedal pressure while at speed.

Any other idea how to keep the 4l60e in good shape, but performance oriented. I guess I'm getting a bit freaked out after watching "Trucks" on Horsepower TV trash the factory built tranny. They went through the whole thing and replaced bands, sun gears, etc. and said how bad the factory parts were. They make it sound like the tranny could blow itself apart at any moment because it wasn't built strong enough. My Mom was right after all those years, I'm sure I just need to stop watching so much TV =-)

I am looking forward to the intake, exhaust, and tune. Get her lowered a bit and she'll be set! Of course, who am I kidding - there will always be something I'm going to want to do to fix her up =-)

Sasquatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When i put my 20 inch wheels on my yukon was downshifting like you describe.

It didn`t do it with the stock 16`s. With the extra weight of the new wheels/tires and my 3:42 gears have alot to do with it.

When you get your BB tune tell justin about it and he can make adjustments to help it. He did it for me and it made it a little better.

Also have him adjust the line pressure, Justin maxed my pressure and it has a nice firm shift in every gear. I think some guys here have a BB tune and the servo and can get the tires to chirp on the 1-2 shift. The servo is on my to do list.

2 E L O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I absolutely DO recommend doing the 4th gear servo. Not doing it while you're doing the Corvette servo just plain doesn't make sense. You have it torn apart, it's a super cheap part, and it will improve performance. No brainer to me.

I have the 4th gear servo and it does improve holding capability in OD and it will help your tranny out a lot if you ever tow.

Do it. :Handshake: