Service Tire Moniter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mals

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just put on some 22's and this popped up on the display. Should I be worried?
Obvious question, but did the 22s have TPMS sensors installed? If so, we're they programed to your vehicle after installing? If you transferred over your OEM sensors to the new wheels one may have a dead battery. That was the message on my DIC when I purchased my 2005. Turned out 2 of the 4 original 11 year old sensors were dead. I replaced all 4 at the same time and have been good for the past year.

Also, if the 22s are off a newer GM vehicle the 2007+ sensors are different and not compatible with the 2003-2006 system.

OP
OP
J

Jay R Lawson

Reaction score
I didn't transfer them with the new tires. And the rims are an after market brand. How do I transfer the sensors?

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I didn't transfer them with the new tires. And the rims are an after market brand. How do I transfer the sensors?

I recommend just buying new sensors. They are an assembly with the valve stem and get installed in the rims before the tires go on. Best way is discount tire imo. @mals is right about the model years.

Scooty

Reaction score
If you buy new sensors check ebay or Amazon . The dealers charge up to $100 each and that doesn't include installation. I had one retire on me and found one on ebay for $20.00....went to a corner tire shop and he installed it for ten bucks.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I just worked over the discount tire guy. Hemmed and Hawed about it and he gave me the set for $110. I said, good enough, do it.

mals

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you buy new sensors check ebay or Amazon . The dealers charge up to $100 each and that doesn't include installation. I had one retire on me and found one on ebay for $20.00....went to a corner tire shop and he installed it for ten bucks.

I opted to get a set of 4 ACDelco sensors from Amazon. They were $40 a piece, and I had them installed at a local tire shop. They installed them, rebalanced the wheels, and did a 4-wheel alignment for $69. I could have bought Dorman sensors for $25 each, but I they had quite a few reviews of DOA units that were only identified after installation.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I opted to get a set of 4 ACDelco sensors from Amazon. They were $40 a piece, and I had them installed at a local tire shop. They installed them, rebalanced the wheels, and did a 4-wheel alignment for $69. I could have bought Dorman sensors for $25 each, but I they had quite a few reviews of DOA units that were only identified after installation.

I saw this too, but since I ended up buying them at DT, if one goes bad, guess who replaces it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645