Service Exhaust emissions system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Macrez21

Reaction score
Hey All,

I went to remote start my Tahoe this morning and no success from the key fob. Went to the app and saw it’s engine diagnostics said 2 warning were active. Got in the tahoe and saw service exhaust system and service DEF system. Max speed 65. Truck has about 350 miles on it.

Still had to get to the dealership so as I was on the highway I was curious if it were to limit me to 65. Surprisingly it allowed me to go as high as I wanted to drive it. Took the off ramp and the service system warnings both went away. The CEL remained and was reset at the dealer.

Three main suspicions.
1) vehicle was not filled to a full tank of DEF and (this was a tad weird) “fell below the 50% mark”
2)O2 sensor
3)Major electrical issue (a few of the other codes stored was for power steering pump, abs, center power console and TCM)

Before they start replacing the wrong parts they reset the system. We’re going to see what the truck throws again.

Other than that, LOVE THE TRUCK. Diesel has great pick up and the mag ride is great. Just tinted the windows however still waiting on my brembos. The are saying its on back order until Feb although I ordered it with the package from the factory. Can’t wait to see the difference with such a heavier vehicle.

Back to the subject, Has anyone else experienced anything like that?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrSpork