Service Blind Zone System Message on DIC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ex Euro Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The message just popped up on the DIC 2 days ago and now the Side Blind Zone Alert doesn’t work. My guess is it’s either a module or sensor. Anybody else have this happen and know of a fix? TIA.

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine has done this a few times, and every time it happened one or more of the sensors in the rear bumper was dirty. I cleaned them off, and I don't get the warning afterwards.

OP
OP
Ex Euro Driver

Ex Euro Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine has done this a few times, and every time it happened one or more of the sensors in the rear bumper was dirty. I cleaned them off, and I don't get the warning afterwards.

Mike, are you referring to the Parking Assist sensors on the outside of the bumper or actually cleaning the Blind Zone sensors on the inside of the bumper?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the blind zone sensors are rectangular shaped and are located on the left & right rear lower bottom behind the bumper cover behind each rear wheel, if you poke your head underneath the bumper cover and look you will see one on the left and another on the right, the back rear parking sensors are not part of the blind zone system. I would check and clean the connecting harness for each side, I am not sure what else could be cleaned unless there covered in mud or something.

OP
OP
Ex Euro Driver

Ex Euro Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the blind zone sensors are rectangular shaped and are located on the left & right rear lower bottom behind the bumper cover behind each rear wheel, if you poke your head underneath the bumper cover and look you will see one on the left and another on the right, the back rear parking sensors are not part of the blind zone system. I would check and clean the connecting harness for each side, I am not sure what else could be cleaned unless there covered in mud or something.

Thanks Wes. That’s my next move is to check connections and clean a few things and see if that changes anything. If that doesn’t work, to the dealer I go for diagnostics and code reading.

lonestar24

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Same

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I learned something new today, haha. It is weird though, I had the blind zone unavailable warning 2 times, but it went away after cleaning those sensors both times. I wonder why that worked for me though? Maybe its just a strange coincidence .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo