Serpentine belt question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbuck07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey ya'll. i have a 1999 tahoe that needs the serpentine belt replaced.im having trouble figuring out what belt i need for it. As far as i know, its all stock with a/c. I bout a gatorback belt but the mechanic says its a little too short. I tried looking on my existing belt to find a part number but its not there, probably because its so worn. Any help??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
best bet is going to a auto store like napa or autozone. Tell them the specific info about your truck and they will be able to tell you what you need and they may even be able to verify if you got the correct belt or not.

heathtd

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sunlitcomet has it right.

Take it off, call a buddy and bring it to the store. Should save you a trip and you'll know you have the right one...

OP
OP
jbuck07

jbuck07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, i wish i had that luxury of going to autozone or Oreilley's or somethin like that, but im in Japan right now.... I looked up on Autozone.com and i didnt realize there was so many different lengths of belt for my tahoe.... What size belt have ya'll used?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
can you get me a couple of pic of the front of engine. specifically a/c unit and front and rear of alternator. i can get you a repalcement number based on those pics.

BRUTUS_T_HOG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Typically the RPO code for the alternator will tell you exactly which belt you will need. The RPO codes are in the glove box... sorry I don't have the RPO codes on hand right now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chiefable