Secondary battery?!?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dmanc30

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey All. Need a little advice, I just purchased a 2013 Tahoe, and I noticed that there is a spare battery tray in the engine area. I'm planning on putting in stereo system(nothing to powerful and I won't be running it while the engine is off either). I did my research and I'm interested in the XS battery(as a secondary battery) but I need to know what's the best way to hook it up. Please help! If anybody has pics of their setup would you include it with your response. Thanks

Xshooterx

Reaction score
Im also wondering the same thing. How is the extra bat tray used in a factory original setup?

LaxinFish29

Reaction score
Check out the Jeep forums for dual battery set ups. I used to frequent there and that was a common mod in Wranglers, where the concept would travel over just the same. For what the OP is using it for, it would be complete overkill and not worth the money IMO. Now, if you tailgate a lot or would be using electronics with the car off then maybe.

OP
OP
Dmanc30

Dmanc30

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
From my understanding Xshooterx the second tray was used for Tahoes/Silverados that had diesel engines and also Hybrid Tahoes and Police vehicles all use the second battery tray but since all Tahoes came off the same assembly line, the gas engine Tahoes had the second battery tray.

Mainframe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was thinking about bolting a tool box in there, maybe one of those black battery boxes and just keep some cleaning stuff and a few tools.

pmexpert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First of all your secondary need to be with the same parameters as a main one. You will connect them in parallel

Coolhandmike

Reaction score
Or....like a boat with dual batteries you can connect them in parallel with the option of switching between battery 1, battery 2 or both. I thought about adding a second battery because we tailgate a lot and every season the battery dies at some game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SAUDADES333