Seat Heater Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Firm

Reaction score
Getting set to replace the bottom seat heater on the driver's seat of our 2006 Escalade. Have Dorman 641-105 replacement in hand. Anyone else done this job before? Any tips or things to be aware of? I am a little worried about messing up the air bag in the seat or something like that.

For context, currently, when I turn on the heat for the full seat (bottom and upper) it comes on for a second and then shuts off. If I turn on only the upper it works fine, so I strongly suspect a short in the bottom heater.

cmc76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you can remove the seat bottom, or the whole seat. Take your time with the different sensor plugs, there are allot of them.
Once you have it out , i do vote for replacing the foam too. Your ass will thank you. The cover itself really comes down to the condition.
Once its apart, you cant miss where it goes.
Also, the seat shop has a youtube vid that walks you through it start to finish.

OP
OP
Firm

Firm

Reaction score
Thanks. The video has them removing the whole seat, is it possible to remove just the bottom with the rest of the seat in the truck?

Oh, the cover and foam on mine is in really good shape....My 120lb wife is the primary driver, so very little wear.

cmc76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes, i did just the seat bottom. I think it was a few bolts and then all the sensor connections.
Im not really sure pulling just the bottom saved me any time. If you unbolt the whole seat, you can see all the connections.
If you do just the bottom as i did, your flying blind trying to see them all.

malmed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are 2 nuts that hold the front of the seat in place, once removed the back of the seat has plastic tabs that slide into a groove, just pull towards the front and lift... be careful at that point and unplug any wires. There are several that have to be unplugged. Once it is out, watch the seat shop video on youtube about how to remove and re-install cover, the seams on top are velcroe... it is not that hard... once cover is off, the heater itself just lays on the cushion.

OP
OP
Firm

Firm

Reaction score
"There are 2 nuts that hold the front of the seat in place, once removed the back of the seat has plastic tabs that slide into a groove, just pull towards the front and lift..."

I assume you're referring to the seat bottom, and not the entire seat, right?

cmc76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
correct, he was talking about just the bottom

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking forwar to seeing how this goes. My seat heater /cooler does not work... Want to get it fixed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE

Latest posts