Save my Chev Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LI99HOE

Top Notch Tech.
Reaction score
It's been a bit since I've been on here due to a recent accident which most on here know about already. Since ultimately I got screwed by the insurance company I decided to join a fundraising site to see if I could raise the money to fix my truck. Any help would be appreciated. Thanx.

http://www.gofundme.com/ibris

I gave up on the idea of saving it, now it's for sale.

Last edited:

sparg93

Expedition Tahoe
Reaction score
Where in NY are you located? I have a LOT of parts I took off my '99 Tahoe that are in good condition and could help you out....

moviewithnotitle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a used front bumper you can have! I'm in north Jersey too. If you're not to far, I'll bring it to you.

OP
OP
LI99HOE

LI99HOE

Top Notch Tech.
Reaction score
Thanx on the offers for parts guys, I didn't really consider this aspect because I know I pretty much need a front end and the truck needs to go on a machine to straighten the frame rails. Not work I can really do myself, but I will keep that option open and let everyone know.
I just figured I'd throw the link out there figuring even if people don't or can't donate to the cause, maybe someone computer/internet savvy enough could help get the page noticed.
If I was able to raise the $$, I was planning on just dropping the truck @ the body shop to be professionally fixed.

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you settle with insurance yet? You know you do not have to accept the offer they give you! It takes time but you can hold out!

Ex: Our Mint Condition Nissan Pathfinder met an untimely death due to a drunk driver that left the scene. It was in the middle of the night and no one was in the car. Long story short guy who did it lived down the block in a dead end. We bought the truck brand new out of the showroom 95 Nissan Pathfinder SE Fully Loaded. When the accident occured it was 2003-2005ish truck had 60k on it. Insurance insulted us with offers of 2,500-3k. We were upset, seems like they went on EBAY and saw what lesser models with hell of lot mileage were going for and based thier offer upon that. With soem research on the internet I found that you dont have to accept thier offer. They have think 30-60 days to do so before the state gets involved. So I think for about 30 days we took out a rent a car on their tab and held out. They day before the state would have to get involved. They were on the phone and very willing to negoiate. I got my full asking price $5,500 plus a months worth rental car. Cost them alot more!

GL

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Yea insurance is always trying to screw u... A guy I no has full coverage and when someone hit it they were like nope we ain't paying its too little and the windshield was screwed....

BigDaddy13440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's been a bit since I've been on here due to a recent accident which most on here know about already. Since ultimately I got screwed by the insurance company I decided to join a fundraising site to see if I could raise the money to fix my truck. Any help would be appreciated. Thanx.

http://www.gofundme.com/ibris

Ron - where in NY??

I'm in CNY, about 45 min NE of 'Cuse.

sparg93

Expedition Tahoe
Reaction score
Thanx on the offers for parts guys, I didn't really consider this aspect because I know I pretty much need a front end and the truck needs to go on a machine to straighten the frame rails. Not work I can really do myself, but I will keep that option open and let everyone know.
I just figured I'd throw the link out there figuring even if people don't or can't donate to the cause, maybe someone computer/internet savvy enough could help get the page noticed.
If I was able to raise the $$, I was planning on just dropping the truck @ the body shop to be professionally fixed.

something to consider - after the shop straightens the frame, it might be worthwhile doing some of this work yourself...that shop is going to charge you a fortune to source parts and install them; some of the work is pretty straightforward you could complete with basic tools.

Where in NY? I might be able to stop by and give you a hand analyzing the damage and what parts are needed.

OP
OP
LI99HOE

LI99HOE

Top Notch Tech.
Reaction score
Damn, quite a few people on here have "extra" parts. I really appreciate the offers for parts, but ultimately I've decided not to try and do any repairs on this myself.
I'm going to leave this thread for now, and see if I can raise the cash to have the truck fully professionally done. If I can't do it that way, I think I'll just part out the truck, and send the Tahoe to it's grave.
Thanks again guys for taking the time, and all the parts offers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700