Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7" in Dash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How much experience do you have with them? I don't have to be in the car and can be a little ways from the vehicle and it still works. I can keep my phone in my pocket and it works also.

OP
OP
Doverpoint

Doverpoint

Reaction score
...accidently posted my reply before finishing...

...i am not saying built-in wouldn't work, i am just explaining my logic.

---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 PM ----------

How much experience do you have with them? I don't have to be in the car and can be a little ways from the vehicle and it still works. I can keep my phone in my pocket and it works also.
most mfg's are using the face/dongle method versus built in, and i am guessing it is for the reasons i mentioned.

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It may depend on the brand of Head unit

CAResearch

Reaction score
This is pretty cool, I might look into this, I'd need a way to remove the tablet for security purposes when parked

Is there a android dock with audio out?

sparks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i already got my tablet, im working on getting the rest of the bits and pieces together now. having the tab set up right is what makes this so awesome. once i have mine done, ill do a writeup of the apps and hardware i use for the best functionality.

2kwik4u

Reaction score
Transitioning to a desk job from a field position I miss having my tablet (Asus EP121)mounted in the truck (Company F150 with bench seat, and RAM mount from floor). I love the location in place of the factory unit, however I would defintely want to be able to take it with me. I'm fairly certain the co-pilot (read as wife) wouldn't appreciate a RAM mount sticking up on her side of the Yukons front console.

Is anyone working on a way to "remove" this type setup easily and frequently?

OP
OP
Doverpoint

Doverpoint

Reaction score
Transitioning to a desk job from a field position I miss having my tablet (Asus EP121)mounted in the truck (Company F150 with bench seat, and RAM mount from floor). I love the location in place of the factory unit, however I would defintely want to be able to take it with me. I'm fairly certain the co-pilot (read as wife) wouldn't appreciate a RAM mount sticking up on her side of the Yukons front console.

Is anyone working on a way to "remove" this type setup easily and frequently?
Mine removes ultra easy...having permanently removed the clip from the bezel just behind where the radio was, i simply tug on the bezel and reach in and extract the TAB. I will take a picture to show you. Having said that, I do not typically remove the TAB...i just let it stay in. It looks built in. If I am leaving the truck at the airport for a few days, or use public parking garages i will pull it out, otherwise no reason to remove it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bb115