Rust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

06 Yukon XL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2010 Yukon XL and just noticed bubbling of the paint (and rust underneath I assume) on both sides of the vehicle low on the body an the narrow strip of metal between the second row doors and the wheel wells. this seems early for rust out. has anyone else encountered this. is it possible to access this area from inside the vehicle. I am thinking replace metal, paint and then rust proof from inside to prevent repeat occurrence.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I have the same issue on my 03. Same spot. I had it fixed twice, and it came back within 3-4 months. I hear it's a common area.

OP
OP

06 Yukon XL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am surprised to have this rust as my 2006 had no rust.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I am surprised to have this rust as my 2006 had no rust.
Same as mine. No where else except for that one spot. When I first brought it in, I guess he cleaned it up, Bondo then paint. Came back a few months later. He then cut out a small piece of metal and patched it. Came back again. He doesn't want to fix it anymore. I think part of the issue is the guy is an a$$hole. He obviously didn't prep it right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake 2015 GMC Yuk