Rust on the Transmission

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dneel81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys. Have a 1998 NV4500 with some rust on the case. See picture20151017_111029_zpspfwauvyy.gif

If you guys were putting this in, would you address the rust on the iron part of the tranny? I'm not sure I would but I figured I would poll you guys. What about some high temp rustoleum or some POR15? The rust on the front of the tranny matches the sides and bottoms. It's nothing particularly deep however if it's going to continue, I don't know if I could/should treat it. Thanks!

Thanks for any assistance!

Dave

Sasquatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it were me i`d paint it but that thing could sit in a field for 50 years and i doubt rust would cause any problems.

PinkAle

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I deliver transmissions and whenever they refurbish them they always paint them WTH you already have it out paint that sucker Hot Pink works well

OP
OP
Dneel81

Dneel81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed. I'll likely do an OU red of some sort. For the same reason that Centerforce paints their crap Orange...just in case anyone wants to look under there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jr9688

Latest posts