Running wires+BCM question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So two questions I have after lots of searching and NO solid answers. Pertaining to a 2006 Yukon xl Denali. I need to run some wires from underneath the front of each running board up into the cab of the truck. Anyone have any suggestions on how to do that? Where there might be an entry point somewhere underneath the drivers door area, and front passenger door area to run some wires up?
Second question: I can’t seem to find any wiring diagrams for the BCM in this truck, I need to find the harness/wires that power the perimeter lights under my side view mirrors, aka puddle lights. Anyone have a diagram or know which harness on the BCM powers the puddle lights to tap into power for said wires coming up from under the running boards?

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
So two questions I have after lots of searching and NO solid answers. Pertaining to a 2006 Yukon xl Denali. I need to run some wires from underneath the front of each running board up into the cab of the truck. Anyone have any suggestions on how to do that? Where there might be an entry point somewhere underneath the drivers door area, and front passenger door area to run some wires up?
Second question: I can’t seem to find any wiring diagrams for the BCM in this truck, I need to find the harness/wires that power the perimeter lights under my side view mirrors, aka puddle lights. Anyone have a diagram or know which harness on the BCM powers the puddle lights to tap into power for said wires coming up from under the running boards?
If it was me, I'd just tap into the wire that comes off the plug for the puddle light bulb. Run it through the door, through that rubber wire loom near the door hinge, that'll bring it into your lower kick panel area. What are you trying to do?

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
@Tonyrodz
Got any idea which wires go to the puddle lights in the mirror harness? Lol
It's been soooo long since I've messed with mine. Maybe pop yours out(puddle light lens)from the outside to see which plug it is. Once you know the colors, take the door panel off and see which wires match them, one of the ones that plug into the master switch--OR--I don't remember if the master switch is labeled. Look there first.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
It's been soooo long since I've messed with mine. Maybe pop yours out(puddle light lens)from the outside to see which plug it is. Once you know the colors, take the door panel off and see which wires match them, one of the ones that plug into the master switch--OR--I don't remember if the master switch is labeled. Look there first.
I just found this pic:20180608_164456.jpg
Def one of these plugs tho:20180608_165744.jpg

OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone got any ideas how I can route the wires into the truck from under the front portion of the running board?!?! I’m not seeing so far any entry points....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleeeper