Rough idle /need help !!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Luis Ramirez

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I own a 03 Suburban with about 118,000 miles on it .About a month ago I performed a major tune-up replaceing all spark plugs& cables , etc. But Recently, I've noticed a problem arise as while coming to any stop ,the RPM drops from about 1,000 to 600 & goes back up. It feels as it has a moment of rough idle while experiencing the drop but goes back to normal. Any ideas on what could be the solution to this ?

+ QuoteReply

hepp04hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
intake manifold gasket? mine was idle rough or when came to stop it'd kind of stutter. tool sprayed some carb cleaner around intake and sure enough it increased engine speed. changed gasket been fine since

Boostedlsx

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does idle only drop once when u stop and then return to normal until next stop? Also no power loss or hesitation under load? Hows it start on a cold start?

OP
OP
Luis Ramirez

Luis Ramirez

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does idle only drop once when u stop and then return to normal until next stop? Also no power loss or hesitation under load? Hows it start on a cold start?

Yes it drops and then goes back to normal until next stop like you said . There is no powerloss or hesitation under load . But Also in a cold start it seems to be pretty shakey .

OP
OP
Luis Ramirez

Luis Ramirez

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
intake manifold gasket? mine was idle rough or when came to stop it'd kind of stutter. tool sprayed some carb cleaner around intake and sure enough it increased engine speed. changed gasket been fine since

How would I happen to clean out the intake ? Would I also consider the throttle body?

Boostedlsx

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I would pull intake tube and clean throttle body. And as said spray with carb cleaner for vacc leaks check hoses and intake gasket.

hepp04hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
your description sounds same as I was having. intake manifold gasket and few hours later it runs like new

Tahoebigdog03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had same problem, but spayed some tb cleaner and cleaned K&N filter and seems to be back right. Keeping fingers crossed

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz