Rocks and more #$^#$% ROCKS!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AZ Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So since I have bought the hoe I have had more rocks hit my windshield then I have in any car before. I had 2 cracks fixed in now 4 weeks later I have 4 more I need fixed. I know there is a UGLY wind deflecter that may help but dont want that. This rocks are all from freeway driving 33 miles one way twice a day 5 days a week. Does any one else have this problem and a fix

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldnt ride anyones ass ( no pun intended)

sent from my vortec powered droid 4 using tapatalk

99 2dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you really don't have it all that bad. I had a new windshield installed about a month ago and got a rock chip while a semi passed me, THE NEXT FING DAY!!!!!!!

JKmotorsports

Rollin the boosted grocery-getter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got a rock chip about a yr ago that ended up spreading across the windshield. Replaced it, then got another rock chip a few weeks later from a truck going the opposite direction. The week after that, got another chip and now a crack all the way from top to bottom. I gave up. Sorry I don't have any advice to offer on how to lessen the chances, but at least you know it's not just you with the bad rock chip luck.

xanatost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a film that you can put on the windshield that is pretty dam sweet. My buddy that tints windows use's it a lot at his shop and it works! When he first showed me it I didn't believe him till he picked up a hand full of rocks and through it at his windshield hard! Not a chip or a scratch. I put it on my 98 TJ because TJ's windshield's will get cracks if you look at them wrong lol. My old windshield had 8 chips and 4 cracks from flying rocks. My new one 0 and I had some pretty bad hits. One was a about the size of a silver dollar and came off a dump truck with a load in the back and no cover. That one made a mark on the film but no chip or crack on the glass. If you do a google search you will find what I'm talking about and buy the good stuff! The cheep crap is crap and you will have nothing but problems. If you can't find it check with the high end car sellers in your area and they will know what it's called and who does it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jax01984