Right/rear window, rolled up & now unresponsive

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Reaction score
Hello. I did not get too far yesterday, family/kid stuff. I did roll around under the right/rear side looking for a ground cable/wire. Couldn't fine one. I will look closer today. Wes, thanks for the clarification of the word "dirty" in an electrical schematic, I did not know that.

OP
OP
Reaction score
Free Tip Saturday: if you want to "tag" someone, either quote that person's post (like I did here), or use the "@" symbol and start typing the user's name. Then pick the correct one from the picklist of users. Finish typing your message.

If you don't do either one of those, your target won't be a sure hit.
Thank you. Test here.

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So there is power!? Jammed or worn out motor?

OP
OP
Reaction score
OK. So today, my other kid did not hear a sound next to window motor (w/panel off).

I don’t know if I am doing this right, but I got no light, w/ignition on, trying this pin and the one next to it.

Any other tests I should do before door panel goes back?

I also tested the power on & the RR door switch.

thank you

Attachments

• IMG_7216.jpeg
    IMG_7216.jpeg
    196.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_7215.jpeg
    IMG_7215.jpeg
    299.2 KB · Views: 6

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
What year are we working on, or did I miss that? Some of these within the same body style have somewhat different electrical systems.

Have the appropriate fuse(s) been verified as having power going through it?

OP
OP
Reaction score
OK, I need to add a signature. It is a:

2011 Chevy Suburban, 2500, 4x4, LT.

I forgot, in my initial post, I said I had a lil' electrical b lackout when I went out to start it the other day. I did check the battery cables (look brand new) and the ground was a tad loose. I tightened it. I as assuming the window is a different thing.

Thank you.

OP
OP
Reaction score
I found a couple videos on this. ! read (Reliable sources? - Don't know.)

circuit board needs checking for crud?

This one says there is a circuit breaker on kick panel w/a fuse for passenger side windows. Can't be that one though, I think, because FR window works fine. About 1/2 way down, specifies 2008-2014 sub.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK. So today, my other kid did not hear a sound next to window motor (w/panel off).

I don’t know if I am doing this right, but I got no light, w/ignition on, trying this pin and the one next to it.

Any other tests I should do before door panel goes back?

I also tested the power on & the RR door switch.

thank you
It wouldn't light up moving the switch back and forth?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BridgettLeah