Ride height issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Any ideas why my 2003 Denali sits so uneven? I know I can adjust the front with the keys, but how about the rear? Just installed all 4 bell tech street shocks, jounce stops, tie rod ends and sway bar bushings. In need of an alignment but felt like I should address this issue first. Any help would be appreciated. These are my measurements...

FL 32 1/4
FR 33 5/8
RL 32 5/8
RR 33 7/8

04Huck

"I'd rather be lucky than good"
Reaction score
Start with the keys up front. As you play with them, it will also even out the rear. Raising the LF key will lower the RR and vise versa. It will obviously be minute unless you do a big adjustment but you should be able to get all 4 corners within about 1/4" of each other that way

OP
OP
HurricaneSSeason
Reaction score
Start with the keys up front. As you play with them, it will also even out the rear. Raising the LF key will lower the RR and vise versa. It will obviously be minute unless you do a big adjustment but you should be able to get all 4 corners within about 1/4" of each other that way
Cool, thanks a lot

04Huck

"I'd rather be lucky than good"
Reaction score
No problem man. I always do this with all my trucks. Generally you’ll need to crank the LF much more than the RF to account for driver and fuel weight on that side of the truck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Chubbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can adjust the keys but you are going to find that the suspension & handling will get even worse. If you want that truck to ride like a Cadillac, I mean Denali, then the springs & torsion bars will need to be replaced. Espc with that lowering equip, I can't imagine the ride on that 15 year old chassis.

I think overhauling the suspension will affect the alignment so take that into consideration if you go in this direction.

The new equipment must have exposed others areas which are also failing.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can adjust the keys but you are going to find that the suspension & handling will get even worse. If you want that truck to ride like a Cadillac, I mean Denali, then the springs & torsion bars will need to be replaced. Espc with that lowering equip, I can't imagine the ride on that 15 year old chassis.

I think overhauling the suspension will affect the alignment so take that into consideration if you go in this direction.

Ummmm...what "lowering equipment"? All he did was replace normal wear items. Also, he said he was in need of an alignment.

OP
OP
HurricaneSSeason
Reaction score
No problem man. I always do this with all my trucks. Generally you’ll need to crank the LF much more than the RF to account for driver and fuel weight on that side of the truck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Remember to adjust them with the weight off them.

It has a McGaughys lowering kit so the springs have been replaced