Reverse camera screen wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmyler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I asked on the couple of other posts about this but didn't get a response so i thought i would ask here.
Where is the best place to wire up the screen in the front? I don't want it to come on when i unlock the car at night and the courtesy lights come on but it's not really a huge deal if it does. I figured i could just get a tester and see what wire gets hot in reverse but thought i would ask to make it easier. And i really don't want to have to run another power wire all the way from the back to the front to power it. Thanks for the help.

2005yukonxl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if i recall, the reverse wire is a light green wire in the A Pillar. I had the same situation as you, didnt want it to come on with unlock, etc. I was told you can pick up the signal diretly from the control module but to me it was super easy to do it my way. I ran a relay off a switched source using the reverse trigger wire to trigger the relay. super easy and now mine only comes on with the ignition on.

OP
OP
jmyler

jmyler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if i recall, the reverse wire is a light green wire in the A Pillar. I had the same situation as you, didnt want it to come on with unlock, etc. I was told you can pick up the signal diretly from the control module but to me it was super easy to do it my way. I ran a relay off a switched source using the reverse trigger wire to trigger the relay. super easy and now mine only comes on with the ignition on.

Where is the control module?