Replica OEM wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If that's the case on road conditions, I'd probably look at an 18 or 20 inch wheel so you have more sidewall to soak up bumps.

As far as quality goes, I'm not sure. I know replica wheels have been a big business for many years now, so I would assume they would hold up fine.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There have probly been zillions and zillions of replica wheels sold and used, and i personally have never read of anyone ever having an issue with them. Ever. I wouldnt sweat it.

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
I’ve used them multiple times with no issues. The black holds up better then the chrome if you don’t take care of them besides that they’re good.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I wouldn’t have any hesitation on getting replicas. Most of all the cast wheels now days are non domestic manufactured regardless of brand.

I’ll second @Trey Hardy on any replica chrome wheels though; Chrome finish on the replicas is by far inferior to OEM based on my personal experience. Stick with any of the painted, powder coated, or polished finishes and you’ll be fine.

djstress

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Some Chevy/GM replicas are manufactured in the OEM factory, if the barrel is stamped with India then they are factory wheels just missing the GM stamp

Silverado4x4

Reaction score
Some Chevy/GM replicas are manufactured in the OEM factory, if the barrel is stamped with India then they are factory wheels just missing the GM stamp
I dont understand that reply at all. If the OEM factory is making the wheels then why are they called replicas and not OEM factory wheels?
I have seen replica wheels not welded completely around the inner center rim they had about a 1 inch long bead maybe 8 of them and the same oem wheel was welded all the way around, I would never touch a replica wheel.

Last edited:

muncie21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the price of the set OP linked to in the first post, I'd just buy some OEM take-offs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019