Replacing UCAs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Govtahoe

Reaction score
Last time I got an alignment done the shop
Told me my ball joints we're going out. They offered to replace them for $800+. I'm not paying that much for something I can do myself at the house.

Instead of pressing the old ball joints out it seems to be easier to just buy a new UCA with the joints in them. Which should I buy though?

I have searched the site fairly well and found nothing. I've found 2 sets of UCAs on eBay. One of which claims to be made specifically for 2-3" lifts. I would love some opinions as to which would give better angles or if it's even worth it to venture from the normal UCAs. Broke college kid, so it does make a difference in price but if it's worth it, I'll bite the bullet.
Here are the links:

Normal

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=151374670547&globalID=EBAY-US

Designed for leveling lift

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=221590988680&globalID=EBAY-US

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
I would buy FTS uca at $450 a set or look at rcx for cheaper price. Since you're running a 2.5" level it would help to have arms made to recover the ball angles.

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
^Exactly what he said. Either one will be fine. RCX are definitely cheaper, and serviceable MOOG Ball joint. As far as the labor, its extremely easy. Just try and get them close to the same position before driving it to get aligned, or youll tear your tires up in a hurry.

Tiki

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MOOG, RCX, Cognito, Total Chaos in that order depending on price.

Have a picture of the truck with the AT2's on?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SRobinson541