Replacing one front strut with non electric strut?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Warriorpluto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to replace one front strut with one regular shock but I still need for my compressor to come on. Would this setup still work and disable the suspension system message? Works my compressor still function?

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm going to replace one front strut with one regular shock but I still need for my compressor to come on. Would this setup still work and disable the suspension system message? Works my compressor still function?
Your front struts don't rely on the compressor - only the rears do. That said, I would only replace the fronts as a pair or you could see some unstable handling.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^^x2^^^ Definitely not recommended. You may need to put a resistor in series with the electrical connector that connects to the shock that you want to replace.

OP
OP
W

Warriorpluto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's just temporary. I will replace the other side with an regular strut as well. Just need to get the truck even for bodywork before I put it back in the road

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar