Replaced the bose sub with a 8" rockville

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was never pleased with the factory bose sub in our yukon. I absolutely did not want a box, so i figured I would try an under the seat compact sub.
I bought an a 8" rockville SS8P, turns out it doesn't fit under any seats (if I had looked under the seats before i would have know this lol)
I then experimented with the the jack location. with some slight tweaking of the jack mounts, i believe i could have made it fit, However after some experimenting, i dont think the little 8" would sound good from back there so I abandoned it.

I ended up just yanking out the factory bose, and installing the rockville right in its location. It doesn't shake the windows or punch you in the back like a good 12", but It does sound so much better than the factory. Overall, Im very pleased, especially considering the total cost was $85. Its also very easy to adjust the gain, crossover levels since the panel in the foot well easily comes off.

View attachment 224582 View attachment 224583

Ran the speaker wires that originally went to the factory sub (I believe the factory sub is DVC, right?) to the high level input on the amp?

OP
OP
Kenneyd

Kenneyd

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Including the HU?
Stock navigation HU

Yeah that's what I was afraid of. I didn't want to mess with that and have to rewire power to all my speakers

Ya, I didn't want to mess with any of that either. To wire this sub, I ran a wire through the main groment above the parking brake, from there under the hood it there is a ground right there and the power is from the main fuse box. The remote is power is optional with this amp, but i already had one ran for my wireless center console phone charger, so i just tapped into that. Its from the white connector with a pink wire above the parking brake. ( https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/thr...-charging-into-the-center-console-lid.107832/ )

The signal for the sub come straight from the harness that goes to the sub speaker. The rockville sub has high level inputs for this purpose, which made it really easy and reversible.

OP
OP
Kenneyd

Kenneyd

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ran the speaker wires that originally went to the factory sub (I believe the factory sub is DVC, right?) to the high level input on the amp?

Correct. the bose a DVC sub, so there are 4 wires. I ran one set into the + - of the left high level imput, and the other coil into the right high level imput. Very easy.

20190606_185913.jpg

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is that amp just for the sub or is it wired to the speakers as well?
The bose amp has a seperate connection for the sub from the other speakers. You should return that rockville setup since you paying for an enclosure you cant use. Then look for a sub with high sensitivity where the little power bose provides may do some work. Or get a replacement amp. Appreciate you testing things out.

corona718

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Bumping this ! just the info i was looking for !

I’m wondering how much of an upgrade this is over the stock Bose sub.

I like this because it hides everything, opposed to getting a box installed in the trunk.

lmk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10