Repair Of Front SwayBar Frame Mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
G

GlennSullivan

Reaction score
Got

I tried to attach the document to the previous post but I guess it didn’t take.

If the link doesn’t work just do a search for the TSB 15-NA-082 on Google and you should get some results.

The TSB is not specifically for the problem of the bracket rotting away but is an unintended solution to that problem. The TSB covers broken welds on the factory brackets that cause clunking sounds.
Thanks much, I wish I joined this site earlier, could have saved lots of time with this information.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is the part number and pictures of the drivers side replacement part - the box for passenger side is MIA, prolly got thrown away, but any Chev dealer or GM online supplier can get the pass side number from the drivers side.

View attachment 409338

Took a lucky guess and, as often with GM part numbers, the other side has the same part number except the last digit is a "4".

GM# 84037074

s-l400.jpg

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wondered w
There is TSB for an issue related to bad welds between the sway bar bracket and frame. It includes part numbers and instructions.
TSB 15-NA-082

Similar repair process.
If you are going to do the repair yourself you should probably also replace the sway bar bushings, their brackets, and the end links. No part numbers for these last three items included in the TSB.

I had the same issue on the passenger side of my 08 Tahoe and got both side done. Had a shop familiar with frame repairs handle the repair. Solid as a rock now.
I wondered why GM had those particular parts available, now I know why.

OP
OP
G

GlennSullivan

Reaction score
Took a lucky guess and, as often with GM part numbers, the other side has the same part number except the last digit is a "4".

GM# 84037074

View attachment 409640
HaHa, I guess I did not go far enough, I went 1 part number in each direction. And thanks to Rocket Man, I now know why the right side was literally destroyed and the left just badly rusted.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HaHa, I guess I did not go far enough, I went 1 part number in each direction. And thanks to Rocket Man, I now know why the right side was literally destroyed and the left just badly rusted.

Hey, I learnt sumpin' new, too!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts